Chp 14 : Some people never change

After the young Malfoy left the other Grangers stranded in  his restaurant's lobby , one by one they all filtered out of the levish building , without giving their farewell to the others .

    The first to be out of the restaurant was Laura as if she was being chased by a pack of hounds . Without even waiting for Zara , she raced through the street of London in her car . Mark Donovan and his wife were next , followed by Catherine doing the walk of humiliation .

    Zara and her parents were next . Though Zara was sure her parents didn't even noticed that she was sitting in the back seat of the car , too lost in the their own thoughts .

   The atmosphere in the silver sedan was colder and more tense than the time when she had told her parents that instead of following in Laura's footstep , Zara was going to pursue modeling .

   Zara may not be smart enough like her elder 'perfect in the eyes of her parents' sister , but she was damn sure , this time they had crossed a line making fun (tormenting , bullying , calling her names ) of their 'cousin' .

   Though Zara was not sure if after today they were even related . She was not even sure if there gonna be any future reunions after today's epic failure .

   And not because of Hermione's walk off . No . It would be because the Grangers wouldn't have anything to brag about , no money to flaunt and no big project to celebrate . As this time they had not only humiliated and angered Hermione but her boyfriend too .

     Draco Fucking Malfoy . The reality of the situation was starting to sink into Zara's head . When Zara had entered the famous elite restaurant owned by a notoriously handsome man , she didn't had any intention of using her charms on Draco (and she was happy she didn't) as her sister had already called dibs on him . More like warned Zara what would happen if she even tried to talk to him .

     And Zara wasn't offended , instead she was proud , as Laura's warning imaged her insecurities . Laura thought that Draco would choose Zara over her if told to choose . But the past events , showed that Draco valued knowledge and kindness over looks and society status .

     She wasn't much worried about what tomorrow will bring upon herself . Because even if Draco did remember that Margaret Granger had two daughters instead of one , he couldn't do much damage than Catherine had already done to her life .

   So for the first time Zara's mind was at ease . Call her a sick person , for not worrying about her family . But she couldn't help it . And it wasn't like they were a closed knit family like uncle Josh's . She knew that she would pay for all the bad things she had done to Hermione and others . But for the time she didn't had any problem in taking the back seat and enjoy watching how the billionaire crumples both of her sisters life and future .

   And Zara was right . Draco did strike . No he didn't striked , he pounced on them . The moment Laura had entered her cubicle the next day (yupp even after all the drama) , a handwritten letter was lying on the desk . Informing her that her service were no longer required as they weren't upto the Malfoy's Inc working standard .

   And from the elegant slant and clear handwriting , Laura was sure the CEO himself had hadwritten the letter . She didn't even collected her things as there wasn't any personal belongings of her . She picked the letter , turned on her heels and walked briskly out of the office with her head held high , as much as she could . Though her bittom lips had started to quiver a little  .

      She hadn't even driven out of the parking lot , when her mother called informing her that her Dad's company was about to crash . Their biggest investors had withdrawn their money from the company and the projects that were given to them were also canceled  .