Chp 9 : Draco Follows A Pureblood Tradition

Draco knew he had a chance to pop the question . All he has to do was say - "As a matter of fact I am betrothed to a lovely lady!" Get up from the chair go round the table , get on one knee in front of Hermione and ask her .

    But there was a reason why Draco was not sorted into Gryfindor . He lacked the courage , the guts . Hermione's father was looking intently towards him . Maybe waiting for him to confirm the asked question . One more reason added to his 'Why Draco Malfoy is not the right person for my daughter' list .

     The worst part , Draco didn't blame Josh for it . Even he would disapprove the relationship of her daughter and her ex-tormentor .

     It has been almost 1 month since Draco have visited her parent's house . Its a pureblood tradition to ask the parents for their daughter's hand . One of the few pure blood tradition Draco thought was relevant and should be followed .

     He was dressed in an all black classic tuxedo dress robe . A bold outfit that oozed confidence but Draco was feeling far from it . His usual steady hands , which have never shaked while firing a hex or casting some of the hardest spell or while making complicated potions were now clammy and quivering . Never after the astronomy tower incidence in his 6th year .

      Laughter and voices of more than one couple could be heard from the open window . Draco knew he should turned around and come back some other day , when Josh and Jean would be alone .

       But as he stood in front of the closed door holding the pink and purple flowers , a ball of nervous energy swirling inside him , he realized that if he back off now it would take him ages to gather the courage again!!

    So Draco sealed his faith by ringing the doorbell before standing a little straighter and plastering a small smile .
The voices and murmurs seized inside the house , before Draco heard the soft voice - "Ohh sit down Josh . Let me check who it is ". Though the voice belonged to Jean or not he couldn't distinguish .

  His query was answered a moment later as an elderly woman opened the door who certainly wasn't Jean .

   "How may I help you Mr. Charming ?"

       "It wouldn't be wise to call me Charming while I am looking into the eyes of such a gorgeous woman" winking Draco replied ignoring the question . Delaying  the dreaded meeting as long as he could . He was surprised his voice had the usual teasing tone even though his insides were in turmoil .

     He heard Jean's laugh before she rounded the corner and came to stand behind the old lady whose cheeks have taken a little pinkish shade .

   "Draco atleast leave my friends alone . No need to use your charms on her . Lilian , can you please serve the lemonade for me while I takecare of this handsome lad here ."

    Lilian smiled towards Draco before replying to Jean - "Ohh don't worry , I will hold the ground for you " .

   " I know Hermione would never say it on your face so let me tell you , you definitely look gorgeous in that tuxedo Robe . No doubt Lilian didn't even noticed your robes . She was too focus on that godly face of yours . "

    Draco couldn't help but laugh at Jean's antics .

    "Thanks for your lovely compliments .  I am actually here to meet you and Josh . Can you bestow upon this common folk some of your precious time , my lady ?" Draco asked slightly bowing in front of her before offering her the flowers .