Chapter 33

The incessant beeping of my alarm pulled me from my dreams. I slowly peeled open my eyes and saw that it was still dark in my room. I rolled over and reached for my phone, quicky silencing it. It was only five AM, and I didn't need to be up until six. I made sure I had more alarms set and rolled back over, smiling as Trent snaked his arm around my waste.

"Good morning," he whispered.

"No, no morning yet. We sleep." I whined.

"Come on baby, we should get up."

"Can't we just lay in bed all day?"

"I would absolutely love that, especially since I already have you naked, but I know you and you would have a panic attack halfway through the day that you were missing school." I blushed as the memories of last night flooded my mind, Trent's body hovering over me, ecstasy washing over me as he thrust into me. It was everything I had hoped it'd be, everything I thought I couldn't have.

"I hate that you're right," I sighed, pulling the covers further over me to cover up. Now that Trent said it, I was painfully aware that I was still naked. Trent noticed me cover up and frowned.

"Gray, you are so beautiful. Why are you covering up your body?"

"I don't know, just self-conscious I guess." Trent pulled me closer to him, kissing me gently on the cheek.

"I love very inch of your body, not just for what I can do to it. You are so gorgeous and perfect."

"Well thanks, maybe one day I'll agree with you."

"I'll tell you every day until you do, and then every day after that," Trent laughed and pulled me even closer. "We should really get up," Trent groaned.

"I'm not ready to yet," I whined. "I want to just cuddle a bit longer."

"Alright love, what time do you want us to get up?"

"Like six?" Trent set an alarm on his phone and then wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"How are you feeling after last night?"

"Like I want to just stay home all day and do it all over again."

"God I wish we could. But like, I was okay? I didn't trigger you too much did I?"

"That wasn't your fault, you did everything perfectly. You were able to bring me right back to you."

"I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for, it wasn't your fault baby."

"I just never want to hurt you; I never want you to be afraid of me."

"I could never be afraid of you."

"Everyone else is."

"I think we established a long time ago that I don't see you the way everyone else does."

Trent and I lay in bed a while longer, just talking. I seriously considered skipping school to spend the whole day in bed with him. But Trent was right, I'd have a panic attack. We reluctantly rolled out of bed and got ready for school. Trent didn't smoke a cigarette on our drive this morning, instead he had one hand on the wheel, and the other tightly holding mine. I smiled to myself and kissed Trent's hand. He smiled and his cheeks flushed a deep shade of red. It was amazing how the simplest things caused his tough exterior to crack.

We walked into school attached at the hip. Trent had his arm wrapped tightly around my waist, holding me as close to him as possible. The stares and whispers had slowed down recently, I think someone got pregnant or cheated on someone and it blew the news of Trent's sexuality out of the water. Thankfully high schoolers had very short attention spans. I felt on top of the world walking through the halls with Trent. Ms. Reynolds smiled at Trent and I as she saw us coming down the hall.

"Good morning boys," she greeted before walking off to answer the phone in her room that had started ringing.

"I guess I should go to class then," I sighed.

"I guess I should too."

"Oh, Trent Rodriguez is actually going to class?"

"I actually haven't missed a single one since I met you," he confessed.

"And here everyone thought you were going to influence me."

"Sorry to interrupt boys," Ms. Reynolds suddenly appeared back in the doorway, "Trent, they need you in the main office."

"What for?" Ms. Reynolds didn't say anything, but by her face we could tell it wasn't good. Trent immediately took off down the hall and I followed, despite Ms. Reynolds begging me to stay in class. We quickly got to the main office and Dr. Murphy was waiting.

"Mr. Rodriguez, can you step into my office please?" Trent and I began to walk into the office hand in hand. "Mr. Daniels, please return to class."

"Sir, with all due respect I'm not leaving Trent's side."

"Very well," Dr. Murphy rolled his eyes. We all took seats and Dr. Murphy looked to Trent with a sullen expression. "Son, did you see your father this morning?"

"I stayed at Grayson's last night, so no. Why? What happened to him?"

"He missed his shift at the hospital, they can't get in touch with him."

"Call an ambulance to my house," Trent ordered and launched out of his seat. I quickly followed and we ran to his truck, speeding back to his dad's place. The ambulance was arriving just as we were.

"Trent, what's wrong?"

"He probably drank himself to death the fucking drunk," Trent cursed as he parked the car and followed the paramedics into the house. "Dad!" He shouted, running through the kitchen and the living room until finally finding his father in his study. "Over here!" Trent shouted. I stood in the doorway and watched the paramedics work, checking for a pulse before transferring Mr. Rodriguez to a gurney. A bottle of whisky was spilled on the desk where he had been laying face down.

"He's still breathing, but his pulse is weak," a paramedic said as they wheeled him out of the house.

"What's going on? Is he going to be okay?"

"It's probably just alcohol poisoning but won't be sure until we get him to the hospital."

"I'll follow you there." Trent watched as they put his father in the ambulance.

"Babe, are you okay?" I asked. I had barely processed the last 15 minutes; I couldn't imagine how Trent was feeling.

"I'm fine, let's go," he said through barred teeth.

"Take a minute babe, take some deep breaths."

"Gray, I'm fine."

"You most definitely are not fine. We just found your father passed out in your house. I know your relationship with him is complicated, but it's okay to be upset."

"I'm just really fucking angry."

"Just let it out, tell me about it."

"I'm angry that I give a shit, I'm angry that he did this. I'm angry that he's such a shitty father."

"It's okay to be angry, this is a messed-up situation. And our relationships with our parents can be complicated. At the end of the day, he's still your dad, no how matter much he fucked that one up."

"It's just not fair."

"It's not, and I'm sorry you're going through this."

"Thank you for coming with me."

"Of course, you don't have to go through it alone anymore. I'm always here."

"I love you so much," Trent hugged me close and kissed me. "We should probably head to the hospital now, huh?"

"Yeah, we should."

"This is going to fucking suck."

"I'll be by your side the whole time."

"Thanks babe. Alright, let's get going."