Chapter 39

I woke up the next morning wrapped in Trent's strong arms. I smiled contentedly and snuggled even closer to the man I loved. "Good morning," he mumbled against my hair. I should have known he was already up. Even with me around he still never slept very much. He never left the bed early though, or woke me up, he just held me and let me sleep.

"Morning," I yawned as I looked up at his gorgeous face. Even in the morning with his bed head and sleep in his eyes he was the most gorgeous person in the world. I stared into his emerald eyes and thanked whatever force out there brought him to me. "What's the plan for today?" I asked to break myself from my trance.

"Can we go to my house? I just want to check on the place... I also wanted to maybe visit my dad?" He asked the last part sheepishly.

"Of course. Baby, you know I fully support you no matter what kind of relationship you decide to have with your dad, right?"

"I don't know I just feel like maybe I shouldn't want a relationship with him sometimes, like if I asked anyone they would tell me to stop speaking to him."

"I would never. It's complicated, and that's alright. I support you as much or as little as you want to talk to him."

"Thank you," he said as he kissed the top of my head. "You also have therapy today too."

"Fuck," I groaned. "I don't want to go, I'm fine!" I whined.

"Yeah, you're fine because of Dr. Meyer, so let's go! I'll drop you off and then when I pick you up we can go to the hospital."

"You want me to come with you?"

"Of course, I need you for moral support."

I reluctantly left the warmth and comfort of Trent's arms and got ready for the day. I had to sit in the waiting room for a bit at Dr. Meyer's, her previous client must have been going through a crisis because I could hear a lot of muffled yelling coming from her office. I didn't mind waiting, because this meant it cut into my appointment time, and to be honest, I didn't have much to talk to Dr. Meyer about. Things were going pretty well lately, and I was feeling good.

"I'm so sorry about the delay Grayson, you can come in now!" Dr. Meyer smiled as her last client walked out of the office. I reluctantly got up and sat down at my usual spot on the couch.

"So, how was this week?" She asked.

"Honestly? Kind of wild."

"What happened?"

"Trent and I had sex, Trent's dad nearly drank himself to death, Trent turned 18, I found out Trent applied to actual colleges...." I trailed off at the end as I noticed Dr. Meyer staring at me with her jaw dropped.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Actually... I am." I said confidently.

"That's a lot to happen all in one week, especially for you. Are you sure you're doing okay?"

"Yeah. I mean... I felt ready for the sex, like I thought about it for a long time and it was what I wanted, and it was perfect. The situation with Trent's dad... it was a lot, but I just took deep breaths and kept myself grounded and focused on being there for Trent and I got through."

"Is his dad going to be okay?"

"Yeah, he had to have some surgeries, and now he's in rehab."

"Rehab?"

"Well yeah, the man's been an alcoholic for years, the hospital saw the obvious signs of that. They put him in a rehab program on sight. We're actually going to see him after I'm done here."