Chapter 30

It's funny how a good night's sleep can make you forget that everything around you is crumbling. I awoke the next morning, Trent's still sound asleep in my arms, and for a few brief moments I felt totally at peace. I placed a gentle kiss to his forehead, not wanting to wake him and smiled as I watched him sleep. He always looks so peaceful when he sleeps. It wasn't until I looked around the room and remembered where we were that the events of last night flooded my mind. Trent's father found us asleep in his room. Trent was kicked out of his house last night, he fought his father, he told me he had always been planning to move in with Brayden once he turned 18. A million bombs had gone off at once, and I could barely process any of them. I glanced at the clock on the nightstand and saw that it was 9 am. I had my appointment with Dr. Meyer at 10, and I definitely didn't want to miss this week. We had a lot to unpack.

"Trent, babe wake up," I whispered as I gently shook my boyfriend awake.

"Hm, what time is it?" He asked groggily as he sat up.

"9, I have an appointment with Dr. Meyer at 10, can you drive me?" I asked.

"Of course. Fuck I should go back to my house and talk to my dad," he groaned as he held his head in his hands, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"I can go with you after if you want?"

"No, it's okay. It's probably better if I go alone."

"Just be careful."

"I will," he kissed my nose as he got out of bed. "We should shower, come on." He patted my thigh and motioned for me to stand up. I reluctantly rolled out of bed and grabbed my clothes before heading into the bathroom across the hall. I quickly showered and got dressed so that Trent could do the same. While I waited for him, I headed to the kitchen, the smell of coffee pulling me to it.

"Good morning, how are you guys feeling?" Nat asked as she sipped her coffee.

"Could be better," I sighed as I poured myself a cup of coffee, drinking it greedily without even putting cream or sugar in.

"I'll say, you want some cream for that coffee Satan?" Brayden asked.

"Fuck off, I just desperately need caffeine right now."

"Oh, feisty," Brayden teased as he poured a cup of coffee for himself. He sat down next to Nat at the kitchen island, kissing her cheek as he did so causing her to giggle. Trent came out to the kitchen soon after that, pouring his own cup of black coffee and drinking the piping hot liquid as fast as he could. "Damn, you two are really going through it."

"Yeah well, I have to confront my abusive father about my sexuality. It's not exactly your ideal Saturday morning activity, Bray."

"Want me to go with?"

"No, not to sound like some shitty teen drama but I have to do this alone."

"Good luck," Brayden and Nat said at the same time.

"Thanks," Trent said as we got up from the island and headed out the door. Trent drove me to therapy, and I kissed him goodbye and wished him luck before heading inside.

"Good morning, Grayson!" Dr. Meyer greeted cheerfully.

"Hi," I mumbled.

"What's wrong?" She asked as we took our usual seats in her office. Her notebook was open and ready to write and I just let it all out. I told her all about last night, how perfect it was going, how Trent's dad showed up, finding out he was just planning on moving out. "Sounds like you've been through a lot," she commented when I finished my story.