Chapter 12: At the Garden

Mordred and Archer stand in the ruins of the destroyed Fuyuki High School, nothing but ash and smoke filling the night air.

"Nice work Archer." Mordred complimented in a joking tone, her smile could not be seen beneath the helmet.

Archer stands up slowly, his attire torn in various places and stained with his own blood, "That damned Rider, he was serious about killing me early off."

"Aye," Mordred eyes drift above as she rememhers the white star when Rider used his noble phantasm, "that winged horse--Perseus and Bellerophon." Mordred was educated by her Mother so she knew much on mythology, it was not hard to make the connections.

Archer nods confirming her statement, "Yes, the fabled hero who slayed the gorgon, gifted five noble phantasms by the gods." Archer held his right arm which was completely exposed and covered in blood.

Emiya was thankful that one of Perseus noble phantasms wasn't the Gorgon's Head, Medusa's. The Mystic Eyes of Petrification would be a damn hard thing to deal with.

"Multiple noble phantasms... sheesh."

Perseus was gifted five noble phantasms  by the Gods, the most any Greek Hero was ever given to defeat the Gorgons at the Shapeless Isle. It meant his capabilities as a servant were beyond most, and would be a deadly opponent if not fought correctly.

Mordred scans the destoryed environment for any signs of life making sure no other threats were concealed. "I should return to my Master, as should you Archer, you are worse than wears."

Archer hums wondering if Saber was concerned, "That I shall." He slowly vanished into spirit form as he took his leave.

A soft ambience lurked upon the ruins of the school as the red knight waited for just a bit longer.

Mordred then took her leave, leaping off some rubble and taking only a minute to return to the rooftop where she first scouted the school with her Master.

"Oi Master--"

Blood lay everywhere as heaps of ash and bones were strubg across the rooftop. Mordred's breaths quickened as her Master could not be dead less she would have felt it during the fight with this War's original Rider. Upon further inspection, Mordred felt her Master's aura nearby; as hopefully, he was uninjured. Clarent appearing in Mordred's hand in a mere second as she made her way to the staircase leading into the building.

The Saber slowly made her way down. It seem a laege fight had occurred as there were scorch marks, slashes in the walls, and someone's blood.

"Saber? Over here!" Her Master's voice could be heard as it did not sound like he was in trouble, more calling her over.

Mordred quickly responded making her way onto the first floor she could exit on, followinf the trail of battle. It did not take her long walking through the dark hallways to spot
(F/n). Her Master was looking into a room where blood was seeping out at the doorway.

"Saber, take a look." (F/n) produced a flame magic illuminating the broken down room so she could see better.

Mordred slowly stepped beside her Master as she saw a bloody mess of chains and skeleton like corpses strewn about.

"An enemy Master came to fight me, but we were stopped by these corspes. This is where they were coming from, unfornutally, the enemy Master escaped with Rider before I got a look at their face 

Mordred sighs softly, she was slightly disappointed that her Master did not inform her that he was in danger, but also thankful. If he had informed her, Mordred probably would have been a little more stressed to finish Rider off quickly which could have lead to her injury or demise.