Chapter 20: Lesser and Lesser

Mordred was pursuing any lead on the enemy masters and servants. Fuyuki was a dense city with many varying districts which only made it tougher to pinpoint Masters whom chose to isolate themselves away.

There was not much at all Mordred could go off of, but tonight, she oddly found herself passing by the Tohsaka residence. Rin was currently with Shirou, last Mordred recalled.

The Saber of Red was perched upon a lamp post observing the grounds as a notable stench soon hit her nose. It reeked of decay.

Mordred soon landed within the courtyard of the Tohsaka grounds, a soft gust of dust emitting from her entrance.

The stench only became worse upon getting closer to the mansion and Mordred knew something was amiss and faint remains of mana permeated the air.

The mansion doors were cracked and half broken in.

Mordred summoned Clarent to her side as she entered the residence. Her eyes searching the ruined home. Much of a once splendid manor was left in shambles or dust

The central chandelier had fallen in the main hall and none of the lights were on leaving it to be dark and cold, only the natural moonlight to illuminate the surroundings.

Mordred walked the various ground rooms, the kitcken, living room even the study. Most of which had seen ruin and tarnish.

Some blood then dripped down onto Mordred s cheek as she felt something warm. She grimaced softly touching her cheek seeing blood.

Mordred held Clarent tightly looking up to see blood stains marking the ceiling as her eyes narrowed.

It did not take long for the knight to head up the stairs as she soon discovered a corpse. It was a slim bodied man who was missing their head as Mordred had no way of identifying them.

She noted the spewing of blood as it couldn't have happened too long ago. She then check their hands and then arm noting it was nearly cleaved off by sword possibly.

She noted the faint burnings of command seals, "Damn." She whispered wondering which Master it was.

Mordred continued to clear the rest of the residence as she found one of the hallways covered in blood and an impact mark of a human portion. She deemed it was probably where a servant met their match, deciding it was best to not linger Mordred exited the home.

~~~

Rin paced back and forth within her home was (F/n) there as more of support.

"So, what do you make of it."

"I don't know... the dead Master is perhaps any servant we haven't encountered in awhile  but why they fought here... is beyond me."

"Probably both came to kill you and ended up dousing the other." (F/n) leans down picking up some torched book as he noted the burning. There was clear indications of a fire anywhere but some scorch marks, perhaps a Master did some spells.

"All a possibility..."

"In any case, Emiya's place is as safe as any, it be best if you gathered what you needed."
(F/n) said with some remorse as he knew it must be hard for Rin to leave her home behind.

Rin nods as she began to collect her things as (F/n) just kept an eye out as Mordred patrolled around the Residence just in case.

It did not take long for Rin to return with two bags, one slung over her back and another in hand, "Let's go."

(F/n) nods as Rin left through the doors, (F/n) eyed the wreckage of the estate a final time before exiting.

~~~~

A humorous laugh permits from the lips of the King of Kings. His eyes darting back to face of his one and only companion.

Enkidu smiled ever so slightly as Gilgamesh was quite amused by the remarks from his friend.

Gilgamesh looked back to the ruins of Ryuudou Temple, "Marvelous, the King of Knights and her treacherous son." He found much amusement in Fate's cruel gesture putting them together.

"In any case, we could use these ground as a place for the Grail's pathway. A great way to purge the... infestation." Enkidu advised.

Gilgamesh looked around nodding, "Yes, I was informed quite well by the Church." He amused as he was playing that priest for a fool and he didn't even know what the King of Kings had in store, nor did anyone participating except Enkidu.

The King of Kings started to laugh as he finally have his time to seek retribution for what he experienced at the mercy of the twisted Grail.