Chapter 10: Confrontation at Dusk

Mordred was keeping an eye out upon the Fuyuki High School as her Master had spoken of some strange presence lurking about recently.

It was quite a large area which the high school covered, many areas for someone to hide unimpeded as the sun was slowly setting on the horizon.

(F/n) walks beside Mordred as he crosses his arms, "Its not a terrible place to hide, but its annoying someone would purposely use regular people as a shield."

Mordred's armor was equipped as the two were hidden on a rooftop overlooking the school grounds. "I believe that is point." Her eyes constantly moving looking for the slightest change or slightest shift.

There had yet to truly be any signs of confrontation as (F/n)'s phone started to ring as he looked to the caller is to see it was Rin.

"Hello?"

"(F/n), why are you scouting out the Fuyuki high school?" Rin asked as (F/n) looked around.

It took a moment before he spotted Rin barely as Archer stood beside her. "There's been clearly use of a bounded field within the area, and its residue still faintly resonances around the High School."

"I do see what you are saying." Rin replied as her eyes caught faint glimpses of the bubble which lurked around the school. "In any case, I won't stop you from investigating, but the war is still under ceasefire."

"We both know no one has followed that ceasefire." (F/n) hung up as he looked back to the school.

"There, I saw someone suspicious lurking in the halls." Mordred then leapt high as she slowly fell down to the school grounds landing with a soft thud in the forest by the school.

(F/n) remained on the rooftop as he watched with some handy binoculars as he barely spotted the figure passing by through a window, a tome in their hand as they were male, but he could not get a good look at their face. "Damn."

A hard buzz went off in (F/n)'s mind as someone had just tripped the small alarm spell he sent up at the building's staircase. He quickly looked to see where Rin was as she was gone, they must have left when he hung up so they were out of the equation, it was clearly an enemy.

Mordred walked through the halls of the Fuyuki highschool as opened every door to each room as she kept walking.

Her feet softly thumping as her armor clanked ever so silently adding to the quiet ambience of the halls.

The sun slowly setting upon the horizon as the halls grew darker as there were no lights on.

There was a sudden jolt in Mordred's brain and senses as she stopped in her tracks. Her emerald gaze knowing to the end of the hallway as she saw something flying straight towards her.

Mordred quickly dodged as she summoned clarent, a long chain with a dagger of sorts attached to end went flying by as Mordred heard it impact at the other end of the hallway.

It then retracted quickly as Mordred saw the outline of the tall, feminine servant in a black and purple outfit, her eyes covered by some cloth of sorts and her long hair stretching way past the shoulders.

"Cowering away in a school is quite a low play." Mordred barked at the servant as she did not respond to the remark.

There was a strong tension on the air as Mordred sighs to herself, it was silent individual.

The servant held the dagger in one hand and the chain in the other as her grip upon it seem tight.

Mordred heard some laughing from behind the servant, and an annoying voice from behind the woman, "Please finish her Rider, we have work to do."