Interlude

Some years
or decades
or ages later

...

A lone figure strode her way through an empty void. Her body covered in various wounds, her once elegant armor scarred and cracked with age and battle. She was completely bloodied with crimson blood of others.

This was Scathach, her steps were heavy and sluggish. A small hitch in her step due to a wounded leg but the agony was little compared to the violent corruption which had coursed through her body currently. Black veins mixed with a purple-violet glow cracking throughout the armor as these veins permeated her body and went up her neck and stopping at her cheeks.

Scathach kept walking through the void. She was tredding through blacl substance that was consistent like blood. In her left hand she carried a violet blade which was half tainted by corruption, and in her off hand, dragging behind her was the individual whom tried so hard to correct conflict which pitted them against one another once, (F/n).

The wounded servant kept walking onward through the empty abyss. Scathach seemed unaffected by the black substance and though there was not a single point of interest or person or landmark to fill the damn place, she still carried onward.

Her feet oddly kept moving on their own after a certain point and all was excruciating pain. Scathach should have no longer been functioning but nothing was going to halt her, not the strange creatures which occasionally appeared. She was pursuing some end to the abyss even though she did not know if there was one. This quest kept her from becoming mentally deranged.

Her grip tightening on the ankle of (F/n) as she kept dragging him. A trail of blood slowly smearing atop the black substance of the void. She turned her head just a little, her crimson eyes checking him seeing the corruption had ceased. A small smile of amusement appearing upon Scathach's lips. Her focus then returning forward.

Minutes...

Turned to hours...

And hours turned to days...

Days which felt like a lifetime turned to weeks...

Weeks to months...

Months to years...

Scathach just walked, breathing harshly and living on nothing but on the energy of her torment and suffering. (F/n) had gone unconscious awhile ago when they initially arrived, the corruption tried to overtake them but they both starved it off. Her body no longer aching in pain as the ill effects of the corruption seeped out with time.

Scathach had conquered what none of would dreamed of or even believed possible. Starving off the infinite agony of the corruption brought upon was a feat. Scathach's resolve and her almost sheer willingness was enough to do the impossible. Scathach had killed many deities in her life , so horrific curses were child's play, but the corruption definitely was the peak of all curses. It always sent terrible images on playback in the mind, all manner of horrors to just fuck with you. The corruption also tried to pull out an alter self but Scathach would not fall into its hold.

This resolve finally carried Scathach to something. Ofr in the distance, a small white glimmer shined, her steps picking as she had adjusted to carrying (F/n) upon her back. He was laying against her, his head against her shoulder as it oddly looked like a parent giving a kid a piggyback ride and they fell asleep.

When Scathach finally reached the point of the lightsource, it was the size of a small ball. Her eyes examining it as she thought for a moment before coming to a conclusion. She reached out to it. Her sword tapped against the ball of light before she striked at it furiously.

The white orb of light opening up wider, flashing with various colors of violet and black shades of mana.

Scathach's wrist flicked down one final time as she had completely cleaved into reality tearing a whole to somewhere.

A hole in reality had been opened and Scathach stepped through carrying along her "Master".

...

...

...

Scathach walked out into a snowy tundra, the cold air was immediately apparent. The entire vincity was filled with snow covered mountains, and there was decent snowfall obscuring her vision.

They seemed to have reached some reality and new world.

A fit of giggles then laughter suddenly filling Scathach's lungs as she let it all out.

It carried on the wind for none to hear as where ever the two were, there was not a soul around.

Scathach exhaled and inhaled in a long breath being able to finally breathe in fresh air in what had been a millenia. Her mind unclouded a lot more as her resolve was godlike. Anyone else would have broke down in the abyss but she just carried on looking for some way out.

Her breath a puff of small smoke upon the chill air. She was not alone at least, the person she had dragged and then carried all this time was none other than of course the lone Master of the Bloodly Grail War which put her in the abyss. Even in his unconscious state, he seem to breathing better than before even if it was shallow.

Scathach scanned the landscape as she started to walk in a singular direction.

...

Somewhere not far, inside a large complex of buildings that were built along a small valley within the snow covered mountains itself lay a 'institution' of sorts. But not exactly the one from a certain world or time.

Within these buildings, a man in a white coat typed away on a computer as he drank some coffee from a small mug. His eyes glancing on a few monitors here reading over various reports that were titled to him, the director and overseer of the institution.

It would appear to the man that the aged old conflict currently affecting his world had finally reached a momentary unofficial ceasefire for Christmas. Not much had gone on at the organization till an emergancy alert suddenly popped upon the man's screen. He nearly spat out his coffee causing him to choke a little. His hands quickly pressing on the notification as in the blurry feed, he saw a hole being torn into reality as out come a figure carrying someone upon their back. It was hard to make out whom the figure was. The feed was from a decent bit away and was incredibly blurry thanks to the snow fall but ir could not be good.

The man quickly got another alert this time a more widely sent out one to the entire organization. This alert was monitoring various levels of mana density and fluctuation that was currently occuring.

"Doctor Romani! An anomaly just set our aetheric charts through the roof." A worker of the organization called out to the man in the white lab coat choking on his coffee currently.

Romani corrected his throat, "I see that." He responded and turning in their chair towards everyone within the large command/observation room.

"Just who may you two be..." Doctor muttered as he watched the same feed he just saw being pulled up on the main screen within the room.

Romani pressed on a small side panel on the screen hitting the call button for main Master of this organization and a dear friend of his. This individual had helped them save humanity time in and time out fixing various singularities but this work had to be halted. The world had been engaged in another war between the two factions overseeing the lands. There was clearly something new going on, and whatever it was, it was not good if reality just had a hole tore into it and outcame someone which caused a whole fluctuation in the region's leylines.