Chapter 29: Legend of the Sword

Camlann...

My greatest mistake...

It was bleak, there was a dense fog all that morning and it persisted by being overcast the entirety till the sunset.

My Father had her army fighting my rebellion including what remained of the other knight's at this point, but our side was being pushed back, hard.

Everything was going miserably for the King of Knights, and for me, the treacherous son...

Perhaps my own stupidity or stubbornness was the main fault of it all... was my Father too cruel in their words or was I too blind for why they rejected me...

Nothing was right for the Round Table either, my old comrades

Galahad was not present at the decisive to help the King as he was on a Quest for the Holy Grail... how ironic that I am here fighting tooth and nail to destory the bloody thing but that fight may be for ill naught... I saw the world in as hellish ruins fighting against Scathach, was that truly the end?

Lancelot had been excommunicated from the realm and run away with Guinevere. But that was not the end of Lancelot's tale, Agravain, our favorite stoic advisor but a dear friend to us all had gone to seek out Lancelot but was mortally wounded in a rage by Lancelot.

My Father had visited Agravain's chambers early that morning as she knelt next to his bed seeing the poor condition of her advisor,

"Agravain...?" She asked in a soft voice, her eyes fixated on his pained expression.

Agravain's eyes slowly open, his breath shaking as he panted out for breath, "Ah My King, for y-you to see me in such... a state. Bedivere, must have told you already..." His voice failing with every passing moment.

Artoria could only nod slowly in response, Fate had already decided its course. Her hand rests her hand on Agravain's head, "I shall see you o-off..." Her voice slightly hitches when she spoke those words.

Agravain smiles as he had no tears in his eyes, "You are truly a wonderful K---soul." He corrected as he did not wish to carry on with the formailities anymore.

Artoria opens her mouth to reply but the words did not come too. Agravain did not say much else as soon his chest stopped rising.

She had been going through this with the rest of the Knights as well, wether it was Lancelot's rampage out of Camelot or by my own two hands... we all sinned...

The ride to Camlaan was quiet, just the chorus of horse hoofs and the boots of knights and soldiers.

When the clash started, it was a massacre on either side...

The screams and the screams, I still cannot even sleep in an endless void or in a 'Throne of Heroes' without me waking up to the horrid nightmares...

Their faces... expressions... what were their plans in life that we stole away, the families they had or the people that were waiting for them to return...

We damned so many...

Gawian had gone off to support the front lines with the reserve, as Bedivere stuck with his King helping the flank.