Chapter 13: Fuyuki Harbor

Another long day in the grail war was upon
(F/n) as he was walking with his servant, Mordred. They were headed through Fuyuki to the Emiya Residence as it was the meeting place for the alliance between (F/n), Rin, and Shirou. Unknown to both of the male master's, Rin was secretly hiding Ayako and her Caster at the Tohsoka Residence.

It was a nice day in Fuyuki as it snowed over night, allowing for most of over night workers to clean the roads of snow. It was nearing the middle of the day as most people were about either returning to work since their lunch break had ended or shopping.

The sky was slightly clouded and there was a small fog which rolled through mountains covering the city. People were out and about still wearing their winter attire as was (F/n) and Mordred.

Mordred was quite contempt with her hands in her pockets just keeping an eye out for any suspicious looking individuals while suppressing her own presence so if a servant happened to pass by, Mordred would not be immediately ousted.

Her Master on the other hand, seem to gazing off, thinking about something or another. Mordred would not pry, (F/n)'s intentions were always just so it left the Saber not much too worry about.

"Mordred?" Her Master suddenly spoke up as he finally seem to snap from staring off at the sky.

"Yes?"

The two of them stop as the light at the crosswalk was red, some cars slowly starting to move by. It was just the two of them there waiting to continue.

"Were there really any fairies or fey like they say in some mythical legends of Camelot?"

Mordred chuckls as she nods, "Yes, quite so. If you account for my... Mother, the Lady of the Lake, and a few others. Not just that, there was quite more things."

"More?" (F/n) saw the light turn green as no more cars were passing by so they were free to walk.

The two pass through the crosswalk as Mordred was trying to think of what to exactly start off with. "Dragons, mythical beasts, wizards, name it, it was probably there around that time."

"Wow, must have been pretty exciting."

"It was, till Father always put us on assignment, patrols after patrols. Go do this and that, it was so pointless. But! When we got to go investigate or go fighting, thats when it was fun!" Mordred had a toothy smile as she seem to have fond memories even though Mordred was detailed as one of the sole contributors to King Arthur's reign ending and the Fall of Camelot.

"Was there any big bad guys? Some grand villian?"

Mordred scuffs as if her Master said something wrong but she remembered someone in particular, "My Father's Uncle was a nasty son of a bitch to deal with. He took dragon blood and let's say, fighting a Dragon God with all of the Knights was a total shit show. Father was the only reason we even won, Excalibur was raised high, and bam!" Mordred slammed her hands together making an explosion sound of effect with her mouth. "Father split a mountain in half completely destroying Vortigern to nothing but a charred dragon corpse and ash."

(F/n) laughs a little as Mordred's description and sound effects really brought a short story to life. Mordred was quite energetic at times.

"Can your holy sword match that kind of power?"

"You bet. My Clarent is quite powerful, I won't use it unless you allow me, it drains a lot of mana and I'd get exhausted in truth if it was not used at the right moment. Though, I can use its power in smaller mana bursts. Father taught me how to near point black blast someone with it."

"If its not too much to ask Mordred... you speak so fondly of back then? Is legend really accounting everything wrong?"

Mordred's smile slowly fades as they watch the outskirts and near a small river which ran through the city.