Chapter 32: holLow wORlD

Mordred's vision slowly came too, her body no longer ached from the pain of expending so much energy. She was blinded by the light of a brilliantly beautiful blue sky that accompanied a endless field of flowers that dotted the landscape for all the eye to see. A lone and large tree was close by, its roots outstreching a bit before burrowing back beneath the dirt, and its green leaves being taken occasionally by the soft wind upon the air.

Her heart was beating alot slower as Mordred did not feel exhausted from the fight she had engaged in which should have been only moments ago. Her gaze sweeping around, before spotting a familiar individual. There he was laying against the tree, (F/n). His eyes shut softly as he also seem to be sleeping just as Mordred felt. His pose at the moment unknowingly mirrored another certain individual related to Mordred final moments but neither of these two would know that.

(F/n)'s eyes slowly opened as he awoke due to hearing the soft crunch of grass. He looked about too the familiar surrondings trying to understand why he was back here. But the thought was cut short when the figure whom was approaching plopped down beside him. His eyes adjusting to see none other than Mordred.

Her armor was gone, instead replaced by a red jacket which did expand to the waist with a black shirt beneath it. She also had on black shorts as the entire design and materials used seem to be fashioned in an older sense, not modern. Mordred's hair was not done in her ponytail as it was flowing down, it made her look quite different.

The Knight of Red rubbed the back of her neck, she was confused as how she managed to reach this place, her memory was a bit fuzzy, but this was undoubtedly as described by Lady Vivian and Merlin...

...Avalon

A soft wind carried upon the air as (F/n) sat up a little better, "Have you been here before?" He inquired with Mordred earning a shake of her head.

Mordred went to say something but she was starting to understand. Her body was connected to this place clearly, her mana was not being supplied by her Master anymore but from Avalon itself. Her green eyes traversing the land of the ever distant utopia looking about for any sign of notable landmarks but the surronding region was endless rolling hills coated by flowers except for the lone tree they were sitting at.

There was no a sun in sight but the sky was a perfect blue as on a clear morning day. It was still somehow illuminated perfectly, and providing a calm sense of relief.

Mordred raised her hand to the sky noting it was back to being real and not the artificial arm both her and (F/n) created during the duel against the creature. A small smirk tugging at the knight's lips as she grasped the air, she at least got the bastard.

"(F/n)..." Mordred's smile fading to a soft expression, eyes still locked on the sky, "you know the nature of this place? Avalon is an afterlife. An ever distant utopia, that was the dream of my Father."

(F/n) was staring at Mordred as he looked away. Were they both dead then? He saw in the pool of blood which he lay in, Mordred piercing into the creature and the rift. They had disappeared clearing the environment back to normal.

But then it all became washy from there, his vision blurred as he was taken back by a white light. It was hard to explain but (F/n) felt as if he was not fully present in Avalon.

This feeling was deep in contrast to how Mordred felt currenly. To the Knight of Camelot, this place felt as real as it could be. Wind on her cheek causing goosebumps and the soft touch of the grass against skin. This was her new reality, a peaceful afterlife.

(F/n) had some doubts feeling him, his confusion peaked.

"Mordred, do you think we did it?"

"... yeah, I have faith." A small smile forming on her lips once more, and a giggle escaping.