Chapter 25: Toning the Coming of the End

Mordred positioned both of her hands upon the handle of Clarent. Red lightning crackling from the blade itself providing some ambient light to the otherwise lightless Church.

Kirei stood behind his servant as she smirked widely, it would be a contest of skill and strategy between all in attendance.

The Lancer no longer carried their red spear, but a dark blade. This blade circulated with a black purplish aura over the blade itself as they held the blade to the side.

Mordred barred her canine teeth a little as her helmet soon reconstructed back over. She launched forward splintering the wooden floor below.

Lancer simply backed up as she clashed blades with the Saber of Red. The wave of energy blasted off from the clash, shattering the windows of the Church causing both Masters to raise their arms to cover shield their eyes.

Lancer smirked as she twirled her blade casting aside the knight's blade, leaving her upper half exposed. She swung downwards swiftly but Mordred was no novice.

Instead of allowing the woman ample time to cut swiftly at her, Mordred crouched low then burst up while swinging her blade in an upward arc meaning to cleave her into two vertically.

The Lancer's red eyes narrowing as she had to clash weapons once more lest they trade unequal blows.

These slow exchanges soon shifted as the Lancer's footwork adopted the shift. Her blade held near her head as she used it like a half rapier, thrusting at Mordred but always switching to a more traditionally refined swordplay when needed.

Mordred exchanged in the flurry of blows which followed as the woman actually matched in pure strength. It was not too be a battle of pure mettle but one of expertise and thought as well.

Lancer soon used the pews to provide obstacles testing her oppotent as they weaved through, carving through much of the interior.

Clarent's blade was booming with energy sometimes so much so, that it scarred the walls and floors that were not even close to the blade.

Lancer's dark blade also exuding the same power, its blade carving just as much damage if not slightly more.

"You're no mere Lancer!" Mordred mused loudly as she always found delight in a good fight, she lived for the thrill of battle.

Lancer landed upon the large frame of where a stained window once was, the moonlight at her back, "And you are no mere Knight." The women said coldly as Mordred launched toward her.

Their fight carrying outside leaving the two Masters within the destroyed interior of the Church.

Kirei and (F/n) stood at opposite ends of the Church. Their eyes connecting, both narrowing their gaze wondering upon their oppotent's next move.

Kirei knew the fight may be one of reminiscence, it oddly hearkened back to when he fought Kiritsugu, but this time, Kirei did not have any knowledge upon the complete abilities of this Master except for the fact he survived being nearly cleaved into two by the behemoth of the Berserker whom fought in the war, Hercules, and if the boy was truly being puppted by her  then his actions would have to be deliberate, he would have to pulverize the brain and remove the head to negate the healing capabilities.

(F/n) obtained some information about Kirei, he knew the man enjoyed personally dealing with others with his own hands, finding joy in the suffering of others. This was a retired Executor for the Church, someone who spent a decade solely in killing magi. (F/n) had his work cut out for him, but he knew Kirei settled down, so his retirement would give him a better chance.