Chapter 3: King and Knight I

It was a horrible day, the sky was filled in ash, but somehow the sun illumated it through the rays which pierced through the clouds.

Two armies under two vary similar but differently colored banners, one banner in blue, Camelot's and the others red, for Rebellion.

Both of the armies had fought and fought till none remained. A sea of corpses and mud filled with blood.

It was here, near the cress of the highest hill, Mordred was searching for her opponent. The bodies of her once friends lay further across the battlefield, felled by her blade.

But soon, a lone figure emerged upon the hill which was beautifully accented by the dawn. The King of Knights stood upon the hill, ready to deliver an end to the tyranny that caused the bloody war.

Mordred fumed with anger as she spat words, a conversation but it was all muddy as if it was a bad memory, a dream.

A sensation of haze fell upon the world as it was smeared and the fight was nearly concluded between Knight and King.

Mordred had frozen in her fight and for those painfully long seconds which turned to an hour, everything had stopped.

Artoria raised s her spear, Rhongomyniad, and in a mere moment, the spear was stabbed through the gut of Mordred.

Blood spilling out out like some small shower as everything was red and black.

Mordred shook her head as she sat on the steps of a old japanese style home. The Knight of Rebellion was not at her Master's place but the place of one's Emiya Shirou's.

Mordred sat in the backyard watching the sun , as she reminisced about the past.

Some birds chirped a song which carried through the air as loose flowers and leaves were swept away by the draft. A sudden flapping of the bird wings brough Mordred closer to reality where she finally noted another indivudal's presence.

It was not her Master whom brought her to the Emiya's residence, but none other than said person's servant. Dressed in a white buttoned up shirt, and blue skirt, was Mordred's father, "Arthur".

Artoria's expression was stoic at best. It was hard to tell what she thought, but it was not one of anger or hatred. The King kept her hands down to her waist while holding the wrist of one. Her emerald eyes drifting off here and there unable to really look Mordred in the eye.

Even if Mordred or Artoria were angry enough at one another to fight, they could not.

The Church had called a cease fire due to the sudden appearance of more and more Masters and Servants. If anyone broke this rule, they could be hunted down by all the Master's and their servants. It would be hard press on any Master and Servant to fight all their opponents at once whom would be working together.

Due to said cease fire though, (F/n) decided to go visit Shirou to at least show some good gesture to his friend, as this war may lead to either one's death and it would not be fitting too leave bad relations in the end.

Mordred knew all about this, and here she was, too frozen up to even speak up to her Father but luckily, Artoria had finally found her own voice.

"Saber of Red, Shirou and Rin had called you that, but the name doesn't suite you." Artoria starts off in a soft voice, earning Mordred's attention, making her blink in confusion momentarily.