Chapter 19: A Knight's Duty II

Mordred stood at the base of Ryuudou Lake, her armor covered in dirt and blood. Clarent positioned at her side as the knight was observing her own destruction.

The once beautiful mountain region which surronded Ryuudou Temple had been turned into a wasteland. Trees were splintered and laid bare, while the main lake was slightly curved through the middle as that large crated stretched on towards the eastern mountain where Mordred was facing, the path where her blade fell and she unleashed her noble phantasm. It was not the only destruction, an inferno which broke lose at the now ruins of Ryuudou Temple was spewing ash and smoke.

A silence ambience lurked upon the night as the notable sound was the crying of the small girl was Hercules' and Assassin's Master. That crying did not bother Mordred as she had heard much pain and anguish through her life, she was numb to it in truth. Even with the all damage done, there was not even a small ounce of regret within Mordred's heart. She merely had defeated her enemy in battle, something that could have easily ended in her death if things went different. The enemy Master may be just a child at glance, but the Holy Grail War was no playground for kids. It was a true contest between Master and Servantd, something was which incited the worse out of people. Mordred had seen the extent of how far someone could go, this event did not make her soulless, she fought an honorable battle, her destructive capabilities were just another matter.

(F/n) was kneeling next to Illya as he had no reason to harm the Master. There was also a feeling of uneasiness lurking within (F/n), it was something nagging him after being next to the Master. Upon getting a better look at the girl, he had sworn Shirou speaking of meeting the girl a few times in the city when he went shopping. (F/n) could not remember correctly, and it was troublesome.

Illya clutches her winter hat close while she was sitting down on cold stone. Both of the masters were at the bottom of the large staircase leading up to the ruins of Ryuudou Temple which was still in flames.

Illya did not speak nor did she voice anything with her movements, still as rock one who would say. The only thing upon her mind was the loss of her servants, and her Father's smile. It was something unbearable to Illya, and it made her heart ache.

(F/n) sighs softly as he turns to his servant seeing Saber still having her back turned to them, "Mordred?" He called out softly not to cause concern.

Mordred finally desummons Clarent as the sword dissipates into crimson particles. It was clear a small flair but the same thing occurred when Artoria dismissed her armor, somethings truly ran through the family. 

Mordred turns around to face her Master revealing the blood which covered the entire right side of her face, and her right eye must have damaged since it seem blood coated the inner eye. Instead of white surrounding the pupil, it was a light red. The chilling appearance of the Saber did not help Illya whom saw, she was slightly shaking in fear.

(F/n) notes this as he turns to the Master, he tried to wave with the both of his hands in a friendly manner to get her attention.

Mordred walks over as she sighs, her attire slowly shifting to something more respectable, her winter clothes soon appearing in place of the armor.

"We should away from this place before more servants and Masters arrive to investigate what occurred."

(F/n) nods as he rests his hands over Illya's causing her to look up, "Come on, it isn't safe here. I'm taking you to Shirou's." He hoped that would ease her mood.

Illya's eyes brighten a little as she sniffles, "S-shirou's?"

(F/n) smiles as he nods, Mordred was looking around making sure the area was clear as Illya wipes her eyes as she stands up, her attire was a little tattered and ruined but she was okay.