𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 22

Leah

i leave the room and answer the phone, "mom?"

"hi dear, happy birthday!"

"thanks mom,"

"so what are you doing today? anything special?"

i look over at Louis pouring water into a glass, "no, i'm not."

"oh, well why don't i call Amanda and have her take you to dinner?"

"no!" i say louder than expected. "i mean, i just remembered i'm going to dinner with uhm, Katie? yes! i am going to dinner with Katie tonight!" i say.

"oh, ok, well tell me how it goes. i have to go now, i'll speak to you soon,"

"ok bye mom,"

i hang up the phone and let out a sigh of relief, i walk back to the kitchen and see Louis smirking.

"what?" i ask as i sit down.

"why'd you lie to your mom?" he asks.

"she'd make a big deal out of it, but don't worry, i'm all yours tonight." i say.

"hey, Leah can i use your shower?" Katie says coming out of the bedroom.

"sure, but wait, first let me get you a glass of water." i say.

"oh that'd be great, thanks." she says.

"uh huh," i say. "there's crushed up Melatonin in the top drawer." i whisper to Louis.

he nods and gets her the glass of water, "oh, thank you." she says taking a sip. "so? shower?"

"yeah, but wait, do you mind just taking the magazines out of the closet in that room and bringing them out here?" i say.

"oh, sure." she says going into the bedroom. she closes the door,

"that's payback for her doing that to me during Christmas." i say.

"she did that to you?" Louis asks.

"yeah, except i was about to drive home, drunk, so i think that was for the best." i say.

"i'm learning new things about you," he says.

"oh, sweetie, there's so much you don't know about me." i say. "so what time are you picking me up?"

"7,"