𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 37

Leah

i didn't have anyone to bring to the ball, i had asked Louis but he had other plans. one week left, i was sitting on the couch fiddling with my pen looking down at my notes for my advanced physics class when my phone rings.

"hello?"

"hey it's me, Maddy,"

"oh hey,"

"do you have a dress for the ball yet? because i need your help."

"yeah sure, come over and i'll help."

"ok, i'll be there in like five seconds,"

i hang up the phone and the door opens, Maddy walks in wearing a dress with half of her hair tied up.

"going somewhere?" i ask standing up.

"yeah, the ball, shouldn't you be getting ready?" she says.

"the ball is next week," i say.

"no, it's got moved, didn't you get the email?" she says.

"wait, that's what it was about? i thought it meant like, change in seating arrangements!" i say quickly running into my bathroom.

"no! hurry! we have one hour!" she shouts.

i tie my hair back into a low bun and do my makeup, thirty minutes later and i was finished. i put my dress on and slipped some heels on.

Maddy and i got into a car that was sent and drove to the location, we got out and were greeted by paparazzi.

after a lot of photos were taken we went inside, we went separate ways since we weren't singed to the same agency.

"ah! Leah! there you are, now there are some people i think you should meet." Kristan says coming over to me and taking me to another table.

"champagne?" a server asks.

i nod and take a glass in my hand, i take a small sip and continue with Kristan. she leads me to a table with five adults.

"this is Leah King, Leah this is the board of directors for V Magazine." Kristan says.

"so nice to meet you all," i say shaking their hands.

"we absolutely loved you in British Vogue, and we're wondering if you'd be interested in being on a cover for V Magazine." one of the women say.

"oh my god, that would be amazing! i'd have to check, but if i can, then i'd love to." i say.

"great, we'll keep in touch," she says to Kristan.

Kristan and i walk away and i excuse myself to use the bathroom, i walk inside and look at myself in the mirror. thank goodness i brought stuff to touch up my makeup, i took a small container of powder out of my clutch and put a bit on the areas that needed touching up. once i was done i left the bathroom, feeling two arms wrap around me i freeze and panic.

"hey babe," the guy says kissing my neck.

i turn around quickly, the guy looks at me confused. "you're not Ashley," he says pointing to me.

"no, i'm Leah," i say.

"sorry, sorry, you looked like my girlfriend from behind." he says.

"it's alright," i say.

he walks away and i snap back to reality, that was, weird. "Leah!" i head Maddy say in a sing song voice.

"hey," i say.

"so, have you met with anyone yet?" she asks taking a sip of champagne.

"yeah, V Magazine," i say trying not to scream.

"oh my god! that's amazing! congratulations!" she says hugging me.

"thanks! what about you?" i ask.

"i just met with Prada, no big deal." she say casually clearly trying to make it seem casual.

"uhm, that's a huge deal!" i say.

"i know!" she squeals.

i hug her and when we pull away she looks at something behind me and her jaw practically drops, "uhm, guess who's here right now," she says.

"Chris Evans?" i tease.

"no," she say turning me around.

i see Louis coming out of the bathroom, i turn back around. "what the hell is he doing here?" i ask.

"he probably got invited, he's probably signed to one of the talent agencies on the list." she says. "and don't be ridiculous, Chris Evans is in New York right now." she says.

"excuse me, but i couldn't help but realize how similar you look to a girl i know," Louis says from behind me.

i smirk and turn around, "oh really? who?" i ask.

"her names Leah," he says. "and i know she's a good dancer so," he says putting his hand out.

"well, i don't see why not." i say putting my hand in his.