𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 39

Louis

the car ride felt like hours, the entire time William and Maddy were flirting in the back seat and Leah was obviously avoiding any talking. i was driving focusing on just getting home, we pull onto the street with their apartment building which the street is blocked off.

"what the?" Leah says rolling down her window.

"streets blocked off, the road caved in, too dangerous to drive on." a women says.

"where are we supposed to go? can we just get out here and walk on the sidewalk?" Leah says.

"ma'am it's too dangerous," she says.

"listen, i'm tired, my feet hurt like hell, and i'm a little drunk, so please, let me and my friend just walk into our building, we're very light and, small." Leah says.

the women looks Leah and then looks at Maddy in the backseat, "sorry ladies, you'll have to wait until tomorrow." she says walking off.

"that bitch," Leah says trying to open the door.

"Leah, no,"

"let me out,"

"no,"

"Louis let me out!"

"no! you're staying in the car!"

"fine," she says sitting back and crossing her arms.

"where are we supposed to stay?" Maddy says.

"you can stay at my house, my parents are out of town on business." i say starting the car.

"lucky you," Maddy whispers to Leah, Leah practically lunges back and tries to tackle Maddy.

"ok, no more attempting murder." William says.

we get to my house safely and when we get inside Leah and Maddy take their heels off silently trying to make no noise. Maddy falls forward into Leah making both fall to the ground, making a loud thud.

"Louis? are you home?" i hear Millie say.

Leah and Maddy scramble up and we see Millie walk down the stairs, "Leah!" she says sprinting to Leah and hugging her. "what are you doing here?"

"just spending the night, because someone said we couldn't walk on the sidewalk." Leah seethes.

"hey uhm, Louis, i think we have to get Maddy to bed, her eyes are rolling into the back of her head." William says.

"oh, that's normal," Leah says. "she'll be fine,"

"Leah, why don't you sleep in Louis room. William and Maddy can sleep in the guest room." Millie says.

i shoot her a glare, she looks at me innocently and plasters a fake smile on her face.

"thanks that's sweet, but i'll just sleep on the couch, don't want to make Louis uncomfortable." Leah says.

"oh, that's fine, have a good night." Millie says walking back upstairs.

i lend Leah and Maddy some clothes and Leah goes downstairs on the couch, Maddy and William go to the guest room. i lay in bed, she looked so beautiful tonight, i wish we were still together. it was my fault we broke up in the first place.

i checked the time, over an hour had gone by. i got out of bed and trudged downstairs into the kitchen. i saw Leah sipping water from a glass, she looks up at me and smiles weakly.

"can't sleep?" i ask.

"just a bit thirsty," she says holding her glass up.

there's silence, we almost kissed tonight, i wanted to talk about that.

"Louis can we talk?" she asks.

"yes i think we need to," i say.