𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 43

Leah

i had been working non stop for the past two weeks at photo shoots and on calls with my school to schedule me coming back. i had barely spoken to Louis and Maddy was busy with school, she and William had started dating. frankly, i really missed Louis. i had two weeks to pack everything up, luckily i only had one more photoshoot and then i was okay to leave.

i didn't want to pack alone so i called Louis, it rang four times before he picked up.

"hey," i say.

"hi, what's up?" he asks.

"i just wanted to see if you would want to come over and help me pack?" i ask.

"i wish i could, i can't i have practice in ten minutes and i'm swamped with homework, i'm really sorry." he says.

"it's fine," i say. "don't worry, maybe next time."

"yeah, bye now," he says hanging up the phone.

his practice was from 12-2 it was 3, the homework i understood. maybe the times changed? i pondered these thoughts as i packed up my things. i was watching Harry Potter on the tv as i was packing up the things on the coffee table.

_______________

one week later, Louis and i hadn't spoken to each other in one week. i had my photoshoot yesterday and was basically all packed, i purchased a ticket, i was flying out tomorrow. Maddy and William helped me pack up the last of my stuff and said goodbye, Maddy was going to drive me to the airport tomorrow so it wouldn't be goodbye forever. Louis was still MIA, William said he wasn't feeling to good. but i still needed to say goodbye to him, it was 8 o'clock and i was on my way to his house to say goodbye.

i knocked on the door to his house, the door opened and Issie answered.

"Leah! what are you doing here?" she asks.

"uhm, i'm leaving, tomorrow, i came to say goodbye." i say.

"you're leaving? like, leaving leaving?" she says. "for good?"

"well, yeah, to finish my senior year and all." i say.

"who's at the door?" i hear their mom say.

"it's Leah, she's leaving London." Issie says.

"what?" Millie says appearing in the doorway.

"when is your flight?" Mrs Partridge asks.

"tomorrow, at 2." i say.

"would you like to join us for dinner then?" Mrs Partridge asks.

"oh, no it's okay, i'd hate to intrude." i say.

"non sense," she says. "please come,"

i walk inside and take my shoes and jacket off,

"why are you leaving when you're still desperately in love with our brother?" Millie says once we're sitting in the living room.

"i'm not, desperately in love with him." i say.

"then why are you leaving?" Issie asks.

"well my work here is finished, and i want to finish senior year in my hometown." i say.

"that's fair," Issie says.

"dinners ready, Millie go get your brother." Mrs Partridge says.

"wait, Louis here? like here here?" i ask, i thought he wasn't here considering i hadn't seen him yet.

"yeah," Issie says shrugging. "maybe i'll accidentally make you two sit next to each other."

"Issie Partridge i swear," i say.