𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 38

Leah

he takes me to the dance floor with other people waltzing, luckily, thank goodness, i knew how. we began, "so, i didn't know you'd be here," i say.

"neither did i," he says. "so how's your night been so far?" he asks twirling me around.

"good, got offered to do a magazine cover, you?" i say.

"i've met with a few people, not very interesting yet though." he says. "by the way, those heels look very uncomfortable." he whispers.

"yeah, they are." i say.

he chuckles as we continue dancing, he spins me around and we continue dancing. i look over his shoulder and see Maddy talking to a guy, who's clearly flirting with her. all of the sudden the music speeds up and it turns into a salsa dance, i thought this was supposed to be a ball.

"know how to salsa?" i ask.

"yes," he says. "do you?"

"sí, por supuesto." i say.

he smirks and we begin dancing, he was surprisingly very good. the song is coming to an end, i extend my right arm and he extends his left, i twirl in him and dip once his arm was on my back. there was a small moment where i thought we were about to kiss, his eyes went from my eyes down to my lips.

everyone begins to clap and i stand up again, "you're not a bad dancer," i say fixing my hair.

"you're not so bad yourself," he says.

"i should, go find Maddy." i say.

he nods, as soon as i turn around i take a deep breath.

after fifteen minutes of trying to find Maddy i couldn't find her anywhere, i was starting to worry. like really worry, i had called and texted her multiple times but she hadn't picked up or replied to any of them.

i passed a table and spotted her things on top, i rushed over, where the hell was she?

i panicked and began to walk faster, i bumped into someone and almost fell back.

"Leah? are you alright?" Louis asks, i'm guessing i had bumped into him.

"yeah, yeah i'm fine, have you seen Maddy? i can't find her anywhere." i say.

"no, i'll help you find her." he says.

"ok," i say nodding.

"maybe she's upstairs, have you checked?" he asks.

"no, i thought you couldn't go upstairs." i say.

"the library's open, but i haven't seen anyone go up there." he says.

we walk up the stairs and push open huge doors revealing an even bigger library. i gasped in shock, this place was huge. Louis and i began walking through, the library and i turn the corner and see two people making out. more specifically, Maddy and some guy.

"oh my god," i say.

they both turn around, "William?" Louis says walking forward.

"you know him?" i ask.

"yes! he's one of my best friends!" Louis says.

"well, he's not a bad kisser." Maddy says hopping down from the table she was sitting on.

i roll my eyes, "uh don't roll your eyes at me, you're not one to talk. you haven't kissed anyone since-" Maddy starts to say but i step on her foot. "since you and Louis-" she tries to say again but i step on her foot again. "you and Louis broke up," she finishes.

"what a coincidence, Louis hasn't kissed anyone since you and him broke up either." William says. Louis shoots him a glare, "what?" William says.

"ok, Maddy, i think it's time to get you home before you start talking crazy." i say.

she scoffs, "i am not talking crazy, i'm just talking straight facts." she says. "William, call me."

"oh my god," i say dragging her out of the library as she puts her heels back on.

"here, give me the keys i'll drive." she says once we're at the entrance.

"i don't have the keys, you have them." i say.

"no, i gave them to you," she says.

"no you didn't," i say.

"then, who did i give them to?" she asks.

"there was valet!" i say.

"oh! right!" she says.

we walk to the desk, "hi, we need the keys to our car, it's a white BMW, x5." i say.

"and do you have the receipt?" the man asks.

"no, you never gave us a receipt." i say.

"awe, what a pity, no receipt, no car." he says.

"wha-" i scoff.

"are you kidding me?" she says.

"what?" i ask.

"my phone just died." she says.

"mines dead too," i say. "what the hell are we gonna do, the building is over six miles away."

"do you need a ride?" we hear a familiar voice ask, we turn around and see Louis and William approaching us.

"yes please," she says.

"if you don't mind," i say.

"we don't," William says.