Chapter Three

Later that same day...

(Razor)

"I promise to let you go, your whole family if you agree." she says telling me her plans.

"How do I know you're not lying?" I don't believe her when everything in the passing months have been nothing but lies.

"Why would I lie? I could do this without you agreeing regardless but I'm nice enough to ask. To promise you once this is done you can go on with your life." she states.

"Let me see them." I reply and as soon as I do her expression changes.

"That is not part of this agreement." she angry I'm not going to just give in.

"I'm not going to fall for your lies." I say wishing what she was promising was real but it's not. It can't be that seems too easy.

"I'm not lying I swear." she declares.

"Then let me see them. Where's Aiden? Travis? Charlotte?" I ask wanting to see them more than anything right now.

"Your daughter isn't here. We let her go weeks ago. Aiden's here not far from your room along with his son and daughter." she replies.

"Travis?" I ask noticing she didn't mention him when she took both of us away when we got to the hospital to check on Aiden.

"Hmm well he's somewhere but not here." she laughs.

"Where is he?" a fear I have crossing my mind but I don't want to believe it.

"Gone, he didn't want to agree to our terms. He tried escaping when I told him he shouldn't." she says.

"What do you mean gone?" I ask.

"Dead." she says without emotion and what I feared is true.

"How-why would you kill him? All we want is to go home why can you not leave this alone? Is it really worth killing to get what you want?" I barely get out on the verge of crying.

"Sometimes." her words full of hate and I can see she believes what she did was right. "Well I'll leave you alone to rethink my offer and when I come back I expect an answer. Or else I'll choose for you."

She leaves the room and I can't stop the tears. How could she kill him? Kill the person I love, the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Oh God has she done something to Aiden and Charlotte? How could I let this happen?

I'm a bad parent, a horrible dad to let this happen. I should have payed better attention, should have took every precaution to prevent all of this. It's all my fault.