Chapter Seven: Charlotte

"Lukas?" he asks not believing his eyes.

"Razor, it's been a while I was wondering if we could talk?" I ask waiting for an answer.

"Umm yeah sure come inside. Excuse the mess I haven't gotten around to cleaning the house today." he says as we walk inside and I notice the toys on floor in the living room.

"That's fine." I reply.

"So how have you been?" he asks motions me to sit on the couch. I shake my head deciding it's best to stand where I am. He takes a seat down in the couch probably more nervous than I am wondering why I'm here.

"Pretty good, what about you? I see you have kids." I answer curious to know with who.

"Uh yeah two Aiden and a daughter." he says sounding a bit nervous. The sound of a crying baby in the other room brings Razor to his feet. "Sorry let me just get him from the other room." he says hurrying to get the baby.

I nod my head watching as he walks away leaving me alone in the living room. I glance over at a picture frame sitting on the tv stand. I walk over picking it up seeing a little girl on a swing at a park with hazel eyes.

"Sorry he's just being fussy and wants to held all the time. What are you doing?" he asks noticing the picture frame in my hands as he holds the baby in his arms.

"I was just looking around. So I'm guessing this is your daughter? How old is she? I'm guessing five years old now?" I reply.

"Maybe what does it matter to you Lukas? Is there a reason why you showed up today other then to just snoop around?" he says walking over and snatching the picture away.

"She's mine isn't she?" I question.

"I don't know what you're talking about. She's my friend's daughter." he says playing dumb as if I wouldn't remember.

"You told me you were pregnant that day at school almost six years ago." I retort back.

Razor laughs before he says, "Yeah and if I remember right you said I needed help and told me our friendship was over. You never spoke to me at school again. What a great beat friend you were right?"

"I know I was wrong and shouldn't have acted like that but can you really blame me? How was I suppose to know it was possible?' I reply with a worthless excuse.

"Yeah I do blame you because I was alone and scared. Do you think I understood what was happening? I needed you and you weren't there for me like a best friend should be." he says looking more angry than I ever seen him before.

"I'm sorry Razor I really am." I say trying to somehow excuse my behavior from years ago. I was mean and I know I was. I felt horrible later for leaving him standing in the classroom alone. I wanted so badly to be his friend again but I couldn't. I was mad, upset and angry at him all at the same time. I was trying to get over the fact he was never going to like me back when I should have been there for him like he said.

"Sorry doesn't make up for anything Lukas. Just because you're her other biological dad doesn't mean a thing. She has two parents already and we've been doing just fine without you in our life." he says feeling like a stab in the heart to know someone else is there for her. Someone else is raising her when I should have been back then and should be now.

"Can I please see her?" I ask.

"She isn't here right now and even if she was I wouldn't let you. After all these years of not taking to me and giving me dirty looks at school why would you ask about her now?" he says.

"I finally realized you weren't lying." I reply.

"How?" he asks puzzled.

"I met a guy that's like you. He told me he was pregnant after we slept together. I reacted the same way until I saw it with my own eyes." I finish saying as the front door opens.

"Razor sorry were late Charlotte.. Lukas what are you doing here? I thought you were in California?" Travis says walking inside holding Charlotte in his arms, my daughter.

"I was, I still am but I decided to make a trip here and stop by. So that's charlotte?" I say looking at her.

"Charlotte why don't you go to your room for a little bit while daddy and I talk to our friend?" Travis says putting her down.

"But I wanted to hold Aiden." she says looking over at the baby in Razor's arms.

"You can in a few minutes sweetie." Travis replies.

"Okay." she says before she skips to her bedroom.

As soon as the door shuts Travis walks over, his stare not moving away from me. "Why are you here?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you the same question? So all this time you knew and you chose not to explain everything to me? When I told you about Razor telling me he was pregnant you looked me straight in the face and said he was probably still dealing with his mom's death. That he was emotionally unstable and it was best if I wasn't friends with him anymore." I spit out angry that I didn't notice what he was trying to do.

"What is he talking about?" Razor asks looking at Travis.

"Would you have believed me if I did tell you it was true? I don't think you would have. Besides I was trying to look out for Razor and the rest of us. Do you realize what could happen if the wrong person found out it was even possible?" Travis answers.

"Look out for Razor? I guess I obviously wasn't good enough for him?" I say angrily.

"You don't understand anything about our kind Lukas. It wouldn't have worked out when he never liked you back. I told you kissing him at the party was a bad idea when you asked me." he says explaining himself.

How could he do that to me? How could he lie to my face when he knew exactly what was going on was possible? How could he stab me in the back when he knew I liked Razor? He was the only person I told and trusted at the time to keep the secret. I've moved on now but that doesn't mean I'm not going to be mad at learning what kind of friend Travis really was all these years. I must have been blind not to see what his real intentions were but it all makes sense now. The way he reacted when I said I kissed Razor at the party had jealously written all over it. He wanted Razor all to himself so he did everything he could to push me away.

"I had a feeling you were hiding something Travis. I just never knew you were such a backstabber when you knew everything. Everything could have been different but you chose to have things play out the way you wanted them to. I didn't have to miss out in five years of my daughter's life if it wasn't for you." I say getting more angry just thinking about the past.

"Will you just stop none of it matters anymore does it? The only person you're going to be hurting is Charlotte and I'm not going to let you." Razor says.

"Don't you think I should be able to see her?" I say back.

"Why?" Travis answers for Razor.

"Razor she's still mine even if you want to pretend she's not. I might have missed five years but that doesn't mean I want to miss all the years after." I say looking over at Razor who doesn't seem so happy after learning the truth about what Travis did.

"What are you talking about?" Charlotte asks walking out of her room with a stuffed animal in her arms. A stuffed animal that looks exactly like the one I gave Razor when when we were younger as a present.

"Nothing sweetie our friend is just going to be leaving." Travis tells her giving me a look I should probably be scared of but I'm not.

"Why did he say I was his?" she asks looking at Travis then at me.

"This is exactly the reason why I thought it was best for you to stay out of our life." Razor says and I immediately feel guilty and to blame for letting her hear me. For turning her world upside down.