Chapter Two: Getting to Know Ryan

I walk back into my bedroom where my best friend since high school June is laying down on her back looking bored. "Tell me again why I have to be here?" she asks looking at her phone.

"I told you already." I reply taking a seat beside her.

"Oh yeah because you don't want to be alone when your crush comes over to move in." she says with a smirk on her face.

"He's not my crush! I just don't want to be alone. Anyway I thought you wanted to hang out today?" I retort.

"I did but not to stay inside and do nothing. And are you really going to lie to me?" she asks looking directly at me.

"How am I lying? Okay maybe I do have a little crush on him but that doesn't mean anything." I answer defensively.

"See you're not a good liar Lukas. I can't believe you're already even thinking about hooking up with him when you barely met him yesterday." she says

"I am not! All I said was I thought he was good looking. Is that a bad thing?" I reply.

"No, but you don't even know him. Just promise me you won't rush into things again. I don't want you to get hurt Lukas because I do care about you." she says.

"I know which is why nothing is probably going to happen." I reply.

"Did you hear that?" she asks staying still.

"What?" I say.

"I think I hear your boyfriend knocking at the door." she says. I get up from the bed about to walk out of the bedroom when she starts laughing, "I was kidding Lukas no one is even knocking."

"Haha funny." I say before I do hear a knock at the door.

"See I'm phycic I knew he was coming." she says.

"Just please don't say anything to embarrass me." I say hoping I don't regret inviting her over.

"Now why would I do that?" she asks looking all innocent.

"Because you're mean sometimes." I say before walking out of the bedroom suddenly feeling more nervous than I was a few seconds ago. Why should I even be nervous though? I mean come on Ryan is just my new roommate and nothing more. He probably wouldn't even go out with someone like me. He's far better looking than me and older. I'm just some normal twenty one year old living here in California with a job. There's nothing special about me at all so that's why I'm going to make sure I don't fall for him. He would end up hurting me somehow like all the other guys I've liked and gone out with. I'm just going to be his roommate or friend and nothing else.

I get to the door and open it seeing Ryan's blue eyes and everything I told myself goes out of my head. "Uh come in." I hear myself say unable to look away from him.

He walks inside with a box of his belongings. "Did I come at a bad time?" he asks.

"No I was just in the other room with a friend." I say wishing I didn't because when I replay it back in my head it sounds wrong. What if he thinks I'm with someone? Will the chance I do have with being with him disappear?

What am I thinking seriously? I can't be with Ryan I only known him for a day? The least I can do is wait maybe a few months or weeks? Right?

"So I'll just be putting my stuff in the room." he says walking to his bedroom.

"Do you need any help?" I ask.

"No, but thanks for asking Lukas." he says and I feel my cheeks getting red as he goes inside his room.

God I'm already this giddy and nervous just seeing him and hearing him say my name how am I going to be able to handle living with him? I guess time will tell. I only hope I don't do something embarrassing or regret my decision with letting Ryan move in. After all the worst that can happen is I creep him out and he decides to move out right?