Chapter Five: Not His Secret Anymore

Two months later...

(Kaleb)

"So what's up with you lately?" Corey asks as we sit in the living room, playing a video game on the last day of winter break.

"What do you mean?" I ask looking away from the tv screen for a second to look at him.

"You've been acting weird for months." he explains.

"No I haven't."

"Uh yeah you have ever since that stupid new kid came along." he replies.

"Oh and how is that? Because I let him humliate me in front of everyone?" a cocky grin appearing, recalling that day back in mid August.

"That for starters which isn't you. Then you suddenly have other places to go besides hanging out with us. Come on Kaleb what's really going on?" he says.

"Nothing, he's just some stupid kid my brother hangs out with." I lie because what else am I suppose to say? There's no way I'm going to explain to Corey, the guy I've been friends with for years, that I think I'm gay. That I like Aiden which is why I do sneak off to hang out with him. That I kissed Aiden after school the very first day or what else we have done because I don't want to find out what he would say. I'm more than positive it isn't going to be anything encouraging or any type of acceptance.

Corey isn't the nicest person and I've known that since we became friends. Probably one of the reasons we're friends is because he's exactly like me. A bully that gets a kick out of picking on other kids. Not a person that I can just confess my secrets to and expect him to not judge even if I call him my friend. Because frankly he doesn't know anything about me and I rather keep it that way.

"I swear if I didn't know you any better I would think you might be gay, sneaking off to hang out with him." Corey says and I start to reconsider if being with Aiden is worth it. Keeping more secrets when I already have my own, the chance of everyone finding out I'm gay and what they would all think. Isn't this what everyone is waiting for? For one of my secrets to be uncovered then my reputation will go down with it?

I like him, I know I do but sometimes I wish I never met him. If I never met him then I wouldn't even be having to deal with if I'm gay or not. Or have one of my friends asking if I am. So maybe it's time to end it before anyone else questions it and I fall too hard for him than I already have.

***

The Next Day...

(Aiden)

"Where are you going?" I ask pulling my zipping back up, watching as Kaleb is about to walk out of the empty classroom we snuck into.

"Back to lunch." is all he says, no emotion in his face.

"Why? This is the first day back from break. I thought we could spend all lunch together?" I ask wondering why he's acting so weird. I missed him those three long weeks without getting to see him. And with no phone or computer access I had no way of talking to him. Unless you count when I used Nathan's phone during Christmas time which wasn't very long.

"Why not? What's wrong with wanting to hang out with my friends? I just spent time with you." he replies.

"Are you serious?"

"Serious about what Aiden?" he says back sounding angry at me like I did something wrong.

"You think this is spending time together? All we did is have sex and now you're leaving? Is that all I am to you, your friend with benefits?"

"Pretty much." he says acting so cold. "That and besides all you do is bitch so why wouldn't I want to get away?" I hear him mumble.

"You're a fucking asshole Kaleb. I should have known better than to think you liked me."

"Yeah you should have but it's too late now. I never said this was going to last forever." he says before storming out of the classroom.

How could he do this? How could be so heartless and act like he didn't like me? I let him kiss me, let myself fall for him then gave him my virginity. And now he's going to walk away after five months like it was nothing?

I collect myself for a few minutes before building the courage to walk out of the classroom I'm in all alone and head for the cafeteria. Glancing at him for a second, watching as he laughs with his friends.

He doesn't even notice me looking at him so while I have the chance I force myself to look away. Looking at him isn't going to change anything or make him walk over, feel bad and apoligize. He's a stupid school bully that I thought wasn't like the others but I was wrong. He's just a bully and I'm not his dirty secret anymore.