Chapter Seven: Now What?

One Month and Two Weeks Later...

I walk to the door slowly thinking of what I'm going to say and what's about to be told to me. I'm more than likely going to be lectured and questioned about how I didn't know any better. Probably even get in more trouble because of how long I waited to say anything. It isn't like I was trying to hide it or avoid this. Okay who am I really trying to convince? That's exactly what I was trying to do but I know I shouldn't anymore. More like I can't when I'm finding it harder and harder to cover it up. Pretending I don't feel the kicksing and moving constantly. That's pretty hard to avoid now isn't?

'Okay, stop worrying. I have to do this or the courage I had to get on the bus to come here will be pointless. I didn't come here to just stand outside.' I think to myself knocking at the door more scared than I have been in my whole life. The bad is thing is this isn't even going to be the worse part. When I get back and tell my dad his going to be so mad, both of them are especially DAD. He might even want to get ahold of Kaleb and straggle him. Okay probably not since he would get in trouble and then everyone would wonder why.

I should have listened to my dad and took what he said seriously before. I always knew deep down it was possible but I had to be dumb. Making a point to kiss someone just to prove it wasn't true then taking it further with Kaleb.

"So stupid, I'm so stupid."I say quietly to myself hearing the door opening and Ryan appearing just like I thought he would.

"Aiden, what are you doing here? I haven't seen you in months." he asks looking surprised to see me when I'm suppose to be in school.

I managed to sneak off after my dad dropped me off  at school, buying a bus ticket with the allowance money I saved when I was still getting it. And a four hour bus ride later I'm at Ryan and Lukas' place by noon. "Yeah, I know so I thought I would drop by and say hi. Is Nathan off school yet?"

"He's at school Aiden where you should be. I having a feeling though that's not the real reason why you came." he replies.

"You know me so well don't you Ryan?" I reply back.

"I've known you your whole life Aiden it's not hard to tell when you're hiding something. Now give me a good reason not to call your parents and drive you back to school right now." he says.

"I wouldn't make it back in time." I point out.

"Aiden?" he says my name raising an eyebrow.

"Can I come in?" I ask not waiting for an answer as I push my way in.

"Fine but I still want answers."

"I like what you have done with the place since I last been here." I say pretending to look around to avoid the subject I'm dreading right now.

"Stop changing the subject and spill. Did you get in trouble at school? Steal? Kill someone?" he asks shutting the door behind him.

"Do you really think I would do such a thing?" I ask standing in the living room.

"Get in trouble at school, it would be a new one but it might give you a reason to avoid going home. Steal maybe since you did it a few times before. As for killing someone I don't know. Would you?" he questions obviously joking I hope because me killing someone would never happen. It's funny though he forgot to mention the one reason why I could be here. He must be wanting to avoid it like me or he can already tell.

"No." I finally say, still not able to say it.

"Then what is it?" he questions looking at me confused. I guess I was wrong maybe he doesn't know, maybe like my parents he thought I knew better.