17. Not on my watch

"George, you don't have to stick with me all the time, you know", I murmur a bit uncomfortable, but he shrugs it off again putting his arm over my shoulders.

Ever since we left the boys' house in the direction of the pubs, George has been with me all the time, separated from the group which is behind us, a few meters away. In any other case, I would blame them for walking very slowly but the reality is that George is at a fast pace which I find difficult to reach sometimes.

At the party I didn't have the opportunity to stop to meet Bailee's companions, since we were late and by the time I wanted to meet them, we had to go to the pubs. Or at least that's the excuse I'll tell Bailee and myself.

 On the one hand, I appreciate it because I haven't had time to talk to many people at the party apart from the fact that I probably wouldn't be the most sociable in the room. But on the other hand, I don't want him to be with me because he feels sorry for me or something.

"I haven't seen you for a long time. We must make up for lost time unless you want someone else to be with you ... ", He insinuates cheekily looking for a moment towards the group.

"I like you better when you're drunk", I scoff avoiding the direction in which he wants to take this conversation.

As we arrive at our destination, we see a lot of cars parked around and the street is packed with people with drinks, going in and out of pubs. I allow myself to breathe a little knowing that here nobody dances in the street.

"Well, we could fix that. Come with me." George tightens his grip on my shoulders and points the group to the pub we are heading to. 

The pub is called "Republic" and there are a lot of people outside with their drinks, hopefully we can sit somewhere. George walks through the crowd inside the bar, which has all the walls decorated with graffiti. Okay, this place is a little edgy and dark for me. While I wait for George to order his drink, Bailee appears next to me with Blake behind her.

"Okay, who's going to buy you a cocktail to the birthday girl?", She hints looking at Blake who scoffs and signals the barman to come. Bailee smiles and looks at me, "What do you think if we leave them here and go outside? This is a bit overwhelming and I'd like to have some time with you since you've been stuck with George all day"

"Sorry if she prefers me over you", George says while he hands me a cocktail.

"What's it?", I question him as I spin the glass. From the reddish tone I imagine it will be something of berries

"It will probably be the best cocktail of your life. Give it a try and I'll let Bailee take you wherever she wants." George assures me and I glare at him suspiciously.

Not wanting to give it any more thoughts, I raise the glass to my lips and allow myself to be intoxicated by the sweet taste of my drink. Okay, George was right but I won't let him know that.

"That's it, now if you don't mind, I'd like to spend time with my friend", Bailee takes my hand and get me out of there.

We sat at the first table we found unoccupied and later joined by three of Bailee's friends, who had gone to another pub. At one point they were talking about I don't-know-what, I take the opportunity to look for some of the boys but none of them are in my field of vision. Maybe talking to Reece would be more impossible than I first thought. Half and hour later and two cocktails in vein, they start talking about the guys at the party.

"I didn't know that your guy friends were so good looking", One of them says.

"I choose my men pretty good, but they do all the work", Bailee answers playfully and I can't help but laugh as everyone else is doing.