8. Homecoming Party

Students come and go from the party as if it were a normal university day. Some go hand in hand with their partner like Alice and her boyfriend Dean who had stayed with us to meet us at the door and then, enter together. Others, on the other hand, go alone and several of them looking for a partner tonight, but this is not my case, although everything can change if Reece comes. My heart starts pounding at the thought that I might see him today. I let all the air out of my body and open the door to the gym.

We enter the sound of "Dance Monkey" by Tones and I, I start shaking my head letting myself be carried by the rhythm of the song. We go directly to the bar to order a drink since at this time they are free (or so they told me). While Alice and Bailee order a beer, I order tinto de verano with a lemon wedge. I smile at the waiter and lean on the bar as I look at the party atmosphere taking a sip of my delicious drink.

"Is Blake coming any time soon?" I ask Bailee in the ear and she just shrugs.

"I don't know, he doesn't answer." She simply comments and I smile sideways and keep drinking.

If there's something I've learnt in the festivities of my town is my ability of drinking 5 glasses of tinto without getting drunk and tonight, I don't have any intention of going crazy. People jump with his hands in the air while others just stay in their seats looking at them and laughing. If I'm honest this party looks exactly as I thought it would, alcoholic drinks which are too expensive to buy, so people don't get drunk, a lot of appetizers which are going to run out soon and neon lights.

I look up from my drink and find myself in front of my class group. Nate is wearing a tight Tommy Hilfiger t-shirt and tight white pants, perhaps too tight, I would say. Lizzy is linking her arm with Mary Jane, another girl in my class who gets along very well.

And my gaze falls on Thomas. His hair looks brown under the neon lights and his gaze seems more intimidating because of the shadows cast on his face. He puts his hand to his head to pull back his hair and I notice that the first buttons of his shirt are unbuttoned, revealing his chest. Is what I see a tattoo? I look away from Thomas as Nate leaps over me to hug me and I stumble back a little in surprise.

"Ey guys! Giselle, are you drunk already?" he says pulling away from me and I hit his hands playfully.

"No, anyways, guys, she's Bailee and well, you already know Alice!" I introduce them to each other and I hug the girls. "Girls, you look astonishing!" I admire them and Mary Jane looks at the ground embarrassingly.

"Well, we came here to impress and dance, so you'd better finish that drink soon!" Lizzy advised me and I laugh turning around to greet Thomas who is putting his phone back on his jeans. 

Unsure of what to do, I just wave at him awkwardly and he rolls his eyes before putting his arms around me. I suffer a small heart attack at his action but everything vanishes when I smell his cologne. Why does the men's cologne smell so good? I don't have time to enjoy it again when he pulls away from me  just enough so that we can see each other.

"Ready to dance?" I smirk at him and he shakes his head laughing slightly and I curse how loud the music is because I would have been able to hear his laugh the first time. It is so difficult to make him laugh.

"I need several fifths of beer to start dancing. Getting drunk maybe to get me to make a fool of myself like that." and that's a no. Okay. Let's reject me with kindness.

Lizzy grabs my arm and drags me onto the dance floor once I'm done drinking. I try to make my way through the crowd but it is very difficult, so I hope my friend quickly finds a place to dance. I apologize for my friend to all those people whom she has pushed down the road but I stop doing it once there had been more than three people. We start dancing next to each other to the rhythm of X de X. I laugh when I see the arms movements of Jane who is jumping while Lizzy twerks. I was having such a good time that I don't realize Bailee's not with us.