18. New rules

I find myself sitting on Blake's bed without really knowing what to do. After Blake said goodbye to us so abruptly and Bailee looked at him in amazement with a hint of disappointment, the only thing I've been able to do is keep quiet until we've reached the room. I watch in silence as she takes things out of her backpack to shower, I imagine, and I decide to break the silence.

"Bailee, I'm sorry, I know we talked about this an-"

"Don't you dare say sorry, this is all the fault of Blake's stubbornness." Bailee cuts me off curtly and I think it would have been better to have stayed without saying anything.

Right at that moment, someone knocks on the door of the room and we stop talking the moment we see Blake already changed and nervous.

"Oh, speaking of the devil..." Bailee smiles at him forcibly and I can already feel the tension building in the room.

Blake looks at me uncomfortably and taking that as my signal to get out of here, I quickly grab my backpack and prepare to go under the fight of glances between the couple. Bailee doesn't take her defiant gaze from Blake with her arms crossed until she looks at me in confusion.

"Mmm ... I'm going to change in the bathroom in the hall, I'll leave you to talk." Blake looks at me gratefully before letting me walk out the door and shuts the door behind me.

While the couple discuss their problems, I change quickly in the toilet and tell myself that I will shower when I return to the dorms. At this time I have little desire to do anything. I dress as comfortable as possible in the first thing I found in my closet, which is a red Miami Heat t-shirt that I stole from my brother and some black joggers.

Once back in the hallway, I decide to go get a glass of water and wait until they finish talking if they do. Why was everything so damn awkward? I think as I pick up the first glass I find and pour water into it.

I lean against the counter while I think about how much I want to sleep right now. Trying to forget that detail, I start to make a small summary of everything that has happened to me today. I smile to myself when I see that my relationship with George is even better than how I left it and I am glad that he did not leave me alone, although he was the reason why I had not been able to speak much with others.

Time passes and I rethink the idea of sleeping on that grimy couch but quickly dismiss it. I set the glass on the counter as I hear footsteps approaching the kitchen to reveal Reece. I smile at him tired when his gaze falls on me and he tilts his head a little surprised to see me there and looks back down the hall before looking at me again.

"I was wondering where you were." Reece comments as he scoops a cookie into his mouth and sits down on the table across from me.

I look down at his feet that are brushing against mine and climb back up glancing at his pajamas which are basically various shades of blue.  I get out of my reverie quickly and I answer him:

"I would like to say that sleeping in my room but ..." I'm silent for a moment but long enough for Blake's irritated voice to be heard, "that seems like it's not going to happen anytime soon."

"I don't know what is going on in his head these days, to be honest, but he doesn't stop messing things up. This morning I heard him arguing with George and now, this." Reece mutters a little bit annoyed.

"I know, Bailee has been a bit down this week because of him and now that they can spend time together, he doesn't take advantage of that."

"Yeah, I would never do that." I turn my gaze to him the moment I hear those words come out of his mouth, and he keeps his gaze fixed on mine until he sighs, "Anyways, talking about spending time together, you seem to have enjoyed being with George all night"