12. An unexpected goal

Today is the first soccer game of the season and to say that we are all excited is an understatement. It's our team against Leicester Soccer team. Bailee has been talking about this for weeks and I couldn't say no. After all, I have a interview to do and that's why I'm getting confused glances since I'm not wearing any team t-shirt. We sit in the first three seats we see since it's getting crowded and we don't want to sit too far from the field.

"I don't know which team I should cheer" Blake murmur confused resting his head on his hands.

"Warwick, of course" I obviously say.  Why would he cheer against his own university team?

"The boys are playing, it's not that easy." My heart skips a beat and Blake smirks at me but somehow regretting what he has said just a few seconds ago.

"Are Reece and George playing tonight?" Bailee asks as surprised as I am.

"Yeah, they volunteered. Oh look, the game is about to start!" Blake claps as he stands up. I stay still in my seat with my eyes fixed on the floor.

Both teams enter the ground on scheduled time but I couldn't see their faces since we're a bit far and I left my glasses at home, lucky me yeah. Who might be Reece? And George? After the toss, the referee blows the whistle and the match begins. May the best win.

- - -

Once the match is over and our pride is all over the place because Leicester team has won 4-1. I head towards the small interview area with my cell phone in hand and a small notebook in my backpack in case the recorder fails. By the time I arrive the players are already leaving the locker room and I am surprised at how quickly they have showered. I quickly approach a boy with wet hair and a gray tracksuit and tap his shoulder.

"Sorry, do you know where I can find the team captain? I have to interview him for the university newspaper." I nervously ask him once he has turned around. He's 6 feet and it's pathetic the fact that I look like his little sister.

"Oh well he's coming this way. Captain, here's a girl who wants to interview you!" The boy screams over my shoulder pointing at me and I can't help but laugh at his indiscretion.

"Sorry for the delay, I had to speak to the coa-." Silence surrounds the room when I turn to see him. "Wait, what?" He rubs his eyes violently and look up at me again, not believing his eyes, blinking.

Unable to say anything, not even a simple hello, I stand there with my eyes fixed on Reece because I can't look away. His green eyes stare into mine, confused, and I feel like my heart is about to explode in my chest. Is he the captain? He's wearing a navy blue sweatshirt and black joggers, how can he still look good with his wet hair? I open my mouth trying to say a word but nothing comes out of it. He is definitely taller... and he's here right in front of me.

"Emmm, I don't want to screw up the moment, but we have to leave in half an hour, captain." The boy I spoke to earlier warns and Reece nods without taking his eyes off me as if he's afraid I might disappear at any moment.

"Can we sit down if you want? It's just a few qu-questions for the newspaper." I point to the nearest seats and put my arm down quickly as I notice that it's shaking. Reece motions for me to go first and I give him a half-smile after he takes a seat beside me.

"Giselle, what are you doing-" Reece speaks once he's recovered from moments ago.

"Do you mind if I record the interview?" I cut him off and he shakes his head, not wanting to say a word and I scold myself for avoiding his question but this interview is important. Reece, please forgive me, I say to myself as I press the botton of the recorder. "Hello, Warwick University! It's Giselle, your reporter and I'm here with Reece Bibby, captain of Leicester soccer team. It's nice having you here"