3. Orientation Day

I wake up when I hear a knock on the bedroom door. I run my hand over my eyes and try to reach my phone to see what time it is. When I get it I see that it is 8 in the morning and there is no sense that someone is in front of our door at this time. Are those in a higher grade going to play a joke on us? I don't think so, how could they know what degree we are studying? I see Bailee who is still sleeping with her face to the wall and I decide that the best thing would be to wake her up when they knock on the door again.

"Bailee, please, wake up!" I whisper loudly as I move her arm a little so she reacts earlier. It seems to work but all hope fades when she gets into a more comfortable position. "What do I do now?"

I approach the door with silent steps and put my ear on it to gossip the conversations outside. Perhaps someone else has woken up to the knocking on the door. I hear some girls talking to a boy but I can't hear what they are saying clearly. Something about orientation? 

I try to open the door a little quietly to hear better but I fail miserably when the door creaks and the boy looks in our direction. Yikes. He's wearing a t-shirt with the name of the University on it and an ID which says his name: Dean. Next to him, there is a cart with a lot of identifications that seems to be distributing because the girls in the room opposite have one too.

"Sorry if I woke you up girls, but I have to give you your IDs before the orientation day starts in two to three hours, depending on which degree you are, so we don't waste time later." He gives an apologetic smile and asks for my name and Bailee's. "Here you go and pretty pajamas, by the way"

I look down at my pajamas which consisted in a football L t-shirt of my brother and shorts. I smile nicely not knowing how to answer and shut the door behind me.

Taking a look at my ID, I regret the moment I do. Can I get worse in this photo? I look like a prisoner or a drug addict, I don't know what is worse. God, I thought they wouldn't use this photo for anything other than the damn admission files.

"What's time is it?" Bailee ask with a sleepy voice, siting slowly.

"8:20 in the morning, I guess" I shrug and give Bailee her ID "we need to wear these identifications during the orientation week. I got them a few minutes ago". I explain her briefly. She turns the lights on and look at it intensely. She doesn't have nothing to worry about because she looks pretty as usual.

"When does orientation week start?" she asks me again but this time, she's standing up to get dressed.

"In an hour and a half" I simply say and she turns around like she's seen a ghost here and start pacing around the room. "hey, what happens?"

"We've been here for one week and a half? I completely forgot about this week and I don't know what to wear. I have to make a good impression." She open her wardrobe and run her hand over all her clothes, trying to choose what to wear.  "I have to look professional"

The next time I see her, she's wearing a black blazer, white t-shirt, jeans and black heels. She looks fabulous. Wow.

"Girl, I hate how trendy and beautiful you are. I need some help, which outfit would you choose?!" I hate to admit but my style is very minimalistic compared to hers and maybe I didn't bring my best clothes here.  

"Mmm, I like both but I'd say the second option". I nod at her choice and get dressed in our bathroom. Once I'm finished, I look at my reflection in the mirror. I'm wearing a beige top and a denim skirt, simple but effective.

---

"In which way should we go? There is a lot of buildings." Bailee approach me as I try to guide us with the GPS which has worked until now because it has decided not to work anymore. Is that the north? Why doesn't the university give us maps anymore?