4. A change of mind

These last few days has been crazy. We have been given several tours of the university and we've purchased the university shirt and sweatshirt as it is essential for the welcome party. It is not mandatory but it always looks good. Now I can more or less say that I know how to guide myself around the campus and I know in which buildings my classes are located, although they begin once the orientation week is over.

Today the societies fair is celebrated. In case you don't know, university clubs put their stalls in the campus courtyard and each normally joins the society that is most compatible with you, be it sports or arts. From what my brother has advised me, the best thing is to sign up for two or three clubs, because it is impossible to go to all the events they do and the more clubs, the more difficult it is to cope with. I hope to find one which suits me.

"Is it okay for you if Blake come with us?" Bailee asks from our bathroom as she tidies up her hair in a ponytail but she's having trouble with that since her hair is short-midi.

"Yes, of course, I'm dying to meet him!" I speak loudly so she can hear me from the bathroom. I really want to finally meet the boy that she hasn't stopped talking about for two weeks. "Why didn't he come to orientation day?"

"Oh, he sees it as a waste of time and anyway, his campus is far from ours" Bailee explains and I nod even though I know she couldn't see me. "He'll be here anytime soon, so could you please open the door for me? I'll be ready in a few minutes".

A few seconds later, someone knocks at the door and I look at my reflection before opening the door. I should look presentable, he's Bailee's boyfriend after all and I'm sure he'll be well-dressed. I'm wearing a white top with a ruffled polka dot shorts with white sneakers. They're part of my essential clothes.

I open the door and in front of me there is a tall boy with brown hair, a somewhat extravagant look that combines with the thinness of his figure. Somehow he reminds me of someone and then something in my head clicks and that's when I can't believe my own eyes. All this time that she has been talking about him, I have known him all along. Blake.

"All this time... was it you?" I try to speak correctly but the words fail me as I rub my eyes again, not believing what I see. Is my imagination playing a joke on me? He looks as confused and impressed as me but he doesn't say a word.

Without thinking twice, I pounce on him and hug him, hiding my face in his chest. I cannot believe it. Blake seems to react seconds later and wraps his arms around me.

"Uhm, what's happening here?" Bailee appears half dressed looking at us confused for the picture in front of her. We pull away as soon as we listen to her. I was about to explain it to her when Blakes responds without leaving me time to speak.

"Do you remember when I told you that I met a girl in a school trip and we've been kind of friends since then?" Bailee nods slowly and he takes it as a signal to continue talking , "Well, it's this girl over here" he smiles to her putting his hands over my shoulders.

"Wait, so you're the girl about whom Blake couldn't stop talking? He never wanted to tell me who you were, it was like his secret." I scream and Blake's face is getting redder.

"As much as I want to know all this story, I need to get dressed. And since you don't need any presentation since you know each other from before, it will not be a problem if you have to wait a bit, right?" We both nod and each sits on a bed, facing each other.

"So, you're Bailee's roommate... it's funny how things work, don't you think?" Blake start talking and I smile slightly at him as I play with my hands nervously. 

"I still can't believe it but it will fade away soon." I laugh a bit when I see him smile widely at me. "And I must say you make a very cute couple, I definitely ship you".