16. I think I need a beer

"I still don't know why I should blindfold you. I mean, you already know about the party." I ask confused playing with the blindfold in my wondering hands as I look at her expecting a logical answer.

We are right now in the elevator that will take us to the boys' apartment after coming here by bus even though everyone thinks I brought Bailee here by car. Funny, because I haven't got my driver's license yet.

"Because I'm supposed not to know about it." Bailee drops her words like it's the most obvious thing.

"But you said how you wanted your party, gifts, invitations..." I enumerate while I raise the fingers of my hand with each thing that I say.

"Yeah, but I did it to make sure I would like what I see in that party. Can you imagine the gift ideas that guys can come up with?" 

"Yeah, it can't be good. I totally get it now" I simply conclude laughing as we walk through the corridor of their floor. The nerves start to come back to me and increase with each step I take. Why am I so nervous?

Our heels click down the narrow hallways and I wonder if the apartments are small in size. On the walls there are somewhat abstract paintings that give the building a modern touch as if it was a student residence.

"So, who did you invite over?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"Just the boys and some friends, you're going to love them," I take a deep breath trying to calm my nerves as I close my eyes, "I can hear your breathing, are you okay?" Bailee asks.

"Yeah, just a little bit nervous, don't worry"

"George is going to freak out when he sees you" Bailee announces excited and my body tenses at the moment of hearing the comment.

"What did he say when you told him? Something bad?" I start to stutter as I look at her impatiently.

"You will see it with your own eyes but don't worry." She dismisses and I look at her in shock. Don't worry? What does it mean?

"But-," I try to resume the conversation but she cuts me off.

"Tell Blake we're already here and put that blindfold over my eyes. We're already late" she advices me like it's my fault we're late but who spent half an hour trying different make-ups? Oh yeah, she did.

"You mean you don't want to be later than we are now, right?" I mumble while I put the bandage on, trying not to spoil the hairstyle that has taken so long to do and I fix a few strands once it is put on.

"You never have to get to a birthday party first, even less if it's yours and you plan to outshine people with your presence." Bailee explains to me like I'm new to this.

"I guess that's a pretty good point. You did a good job with that, by the way"

And I wish I was lying but she looks stunning. Right now she is wearing a pink satin shirt paired with white palazzo pants that nicely frames her figure. As accessories, she wears a pair of rings and a pendant that Blake gave her with their initial.

I take the phone out of my pocket and quickly notify Blake that we are already waiting outside. A few seconds have passed when I receive his reply.

Blake: Okay, just give me a minute.

During my wait, I can hear Blake telling everyone to shut up as Bailee is right now in the hallway about to arrive and we both giggle slightly. If they only knew. 

"God, how could it have been a surprise? Everyone is yelling!" I whisper loudly enough for Bailee to listen to me but she has no time to answer when someone approaches the front door and opens it carefully.