19. I got it wrong

The incipient sunlight shines through the window, forcing me to turn the other way to turn my face away from it and continue sleeping. I arrange the blankets over me trying to take refuge from the infernal cold that reminds me that winter will begin shortly and before that there is still Halloween. Will my classmates do something for Halloween? Or the boys?

Seeing that I am completely awake, I stretch out on the bed and reach towards the bedside table to pick up my cell phone but I can't get anything. Where did I leave it last night? I think as I let myself fall tiredly onto the pillow. Footsteps and laughter are heard outside the room and I wonder who has gotten up already. I sit on the bed, trying to clear my mind without blinding myself with the light and trying to identify the voices I hear.

"But how could you be so oblivious? It was very clear that she was referring to that, why would she ask you if not?", George seems to reproach someone and I get up slowly trying to make as little noise as possible as I get closer to the door to hear them better. Are they talking about last night?

"Shout louder, come on, wake her up", Reece obviously murmurs sarcastically.

Okey, they are talking about me. I think to myself as I try to comb my hair as well as possible in front of George's mirror at the entrance to his room.

"So you didn't say anything to her? God, you screw-" Then, a door seems to open and the boys fall silent as I hear footsteps. Now that the conversation was getting interesting. 

"Good morning guys, is she still sleeping?", Bailee's sleepy voice appears and I can't help but wonder how her night was with Blake. I suppose I'll ask her later.

"It seems so", Reece mumbles.

"Have you slept with her?" Bailee asks but I'm not sure who she is asking of the two.

"Ehm, no, I've slept with George and she kept that room for herself, why are you asking?", Reece replies back and I feel like everything is stirring inside me. I don't know which is worse: the fact that Bailee asked Reece directly or his counterattack question.

"Could you wake her up? We need to leave", Bailee orders. 

Panicking, I quickly go to bed and pray they don't decide to go in now even though I'm combed ... With my heart racing, I cover myself with the duvet and try to catch my breath. This must not be good for my health at this hour.

A few seconds pass and I hear footsteps moving away from the corridor. I let out all the air I was holding and wait a moment until it is safe to leave the room without looking suspicious. Then, I try to make myself presentable, I sprinkle some micellar water on my face to look more awake and grab the lipstick to add some color to my lips and face. Hope this works.

I catch a breath before opening the door and heading to the kitchen, following the smell of fresh coffee. It's something you get used to after living with Bailee for almost two months. As I get closer, I see Bailee, already dressed up, drinking her coffee leaning against the kitchen counter while Reece and George are talking animatedly sitting at the dining room table that is on the other side of the island.

Bailee smiles at me the moment she sees me and I try to say hello back but the light blinds me so I'm just making a ridiculous attempt.

"Good morning little sleeping beauty! Do you want something for breakfast? Maybe toasts?", Bailee greets me with a big smile resting her hands in front of me and I just nod.

"Take advantage of that, that doesn't happen often", George exclaims making me laugh and Bailee sticks her middle finger out with a sarcastic smile before gazing at me.