..➭ a long time ago || momo yaoyorozu x f!reader ‧₊ ˀˀ

↷ ·˚ ༘ 💌 : 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐨 || 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐨 𝐲𝐚𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐳𝐮 𝐱 𝐟!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 : ꒱

Momo was sighing through her breaths as she slipped jackets and shoes off, taking at least two minutes before she got to changing out of hero costume due to how fatigued she felt. School had prepared her for a lot of things and the exhaustion that came with being a hero was definitely one of them, but sometimes she just felt like melting into a puddle on the floor after a gruelling day of work. In conclusion, Creati was tired, and definitely needed a cup of tea and a lie-down. Or just a lot of tea, considering she had paperwork to do about the damages in the city today.

She hung up her hero costume, following her nightly routine and making sure everything was in its place in her pristine apartment before settling down with her glasses and a cup of jasmine tea. However, the painful throbbing in her head was starting to become a distraction as the words on her screen started merging and overlapping, and she soon left the table to pour the tea into a thermos and change into sporty clothes. Momo decided the best thing for her head would be some fresh air instead of napping, so she set off for a jog.

When Momo returned from her jog, Momo is shocked, slowing to the image in front of her eyes of a crate on her doorstep. She didn't recall buying anything, which was the strangest part, and a few other possibilities whirl in her head. Fan mail. Something from family. Friends, even. But everything is discarded when she attempted to manoeuvre the crate, however, she found it was about a third the weight of a canon. An actual canon. Momo even had the passing thought that it was about the weight of a human being as she created a small treadmill to move it into her apartment, soon waving the thought off.

"Now, let's see..."

For the first time in a while, Creati just didn't have the words.

In the crate was an android human. [Hairstyle] [H/c] hair and, after further inspection during which she lifted one of her eyelids up, [E/c] eyes. All pretty and realistic, but with a bit of unnatural sheen which made perfect sense considering this was a humanoid robot, as far as Momo knew. Also, there was big fuck-off letters on the android's chest clearly stating "[NAME]." So this was [Name]. But why was she sent to this hero's home?

At a loss about what to do, Momo switched the android on [after opening her backplate and figuring out which was the right switch]. There was a whirring sound of all the limbs and parts of [Name]'s body turning on, literal cogs turning in her mind and prosthetic hands and legs. When her eyes opened they open and shut once or twice, the first few times acting like car lights, bright and blinking at Momo obnoxiously.

"Good evening, Momo."

Addressing her by her first name? Momo just had so many questions.

"Wh-"

"You have a nice place. May I look around?"

"Well, I mean, I'd like to know who you are and why you're here first! And why you were on my doorstep in a box..."

"But Momo, don't you recognize me?"

⋆    · * . · .     ·  *   · ·  ───── ˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗ ───── · +   ·  * ✫    * ⊹

Their conversation had stopped short since [Name] started bugging out and needed some maintenance work; Momo actually knew how to operate on mechanics so it was easier solved than she first thought. When [Name] returned to her original attitude, she asked to play a board game with Momo. And then cards. And then various other small, mundane activities Momo accepted because [Name] seemed adamant on staying, and yet didn't give a direct answer, just something scripted that she'd said before. She decided to question it later.

However, there was something that allowed Momo to be relatively okay with this situation. Which was [Name] had this familiarness about her. Little things, details about her face, her voice, how her hair moved. It was all painfully nostalgic, somehow. In a way Momo couldn't place. Like a memory from a nook or cranny in her mind, something...

No. She's just being silly.

But this feeling still held back from Momo from denying [Name]'s hug when the sun sank down in the sky, how she held her close. Like if she let go she'd be gone.

⋆    · * . · .     ·  *   · ·  ───── ˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗ ───── · +   ·  * ✫    * ⊹

The scent of bacon, eggs, and a smoothie-like drink woke Momo the next day. As well as the sun on her face. The first thing she did when she stirred was turn away from the vibrant light, and the second thing was to feel for a missing [Name] in bed next to her. She must have heaters built into her robotic body because there was still a warmth on the spot she had been lying.

"What the-"

Momo found [Name] was making food for her similar to how the hero uses Creation.

"I can create any consumable substance due to my built-in quirk."

Momo finally got answers out of [Name] when, after breakfast, they sat down together with tea. The [H/c]-haired girl silently padding at the teacup to push it closer to the hero, while denying tea herself. Momo had sighed all stoic and professional-like before taking a sip. "Tell me who you are, please. If you can." You remind me of someone. Someone I miss but can't remember.

[Name] straightens up and blinks a few times, then looks into Momo's eyes straight-on, manually brightening her lens. "I used to be human. [Name] [Surname]."

The name hit Momo like a ton of bricks. Yes, her old childhood friend.

"You don't mean-"

"I do. You remember I moved away?" [Name] had a sorrowful expression, like a kicked puppy, in a way that made Momo very glad she could remember, as not to crush her spirit. "I had someone turn me into an android and send me here."

[Name] felt that as a human, no matter what she did, she wouldn't be able to overcome the human fear and anxiety she had which crippled her in a way. And so she asked her friend, who' quirk gave other people robotic qualities, to use their quirk on her. [Name]'s parents had blatantly ignored her issues and simply acted like they were made-up, which led her to leaving them a long time ago. Due to her problems, she hadn't got to know very many people, and could only think of a best friend she knew from when she was a child. Momo Yaoyorozu. And so, she was sent here.

There would of course be drawbacks when it came to turning a human into an android, so [Name] wasn't able to have the capacity to think humans have. Recognizing Momo and acting like they'd always known each other because she'd been modified, so normal human etiquette of explaining what the hell was going on wasn't going to happen. [Name] would act like robots do, being hyper-intelligent but not knowing more personal societal things.

Her understanding had been shortened to: used to be human, knew Momo, has new abilities as an android, meets Momo again. Wants to stay with Momo.

The hero reached out a hand with extreme delicacy despite [Name]'s once baby-soft skin being tough and chilly, silently tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. To look at her face a little better, and confirm that this was the joyous little girl who held her so tight she almost lost breath. Maybe they could have times like that again.

And they might just.