.➭ red string || himiko toga x f!reader ‧₊ ˀˀ

〝 𝘐 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦

𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘦

𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘥

𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺

𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘺

𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥 . . . 〞

「 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗿 - 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝗶𝗻 𝗿𝗲𝗱 」

_______________________________________________

↷ ·˚ ༘ 💌 : 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 || 𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐤𝐨 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐚 𝐱 𝐟!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 : ꒱

_______________________________________________

They fit like jigsaw pieces. Something too sacred and precious to let go of. Every moment together from the beginning of teenage years was blurry, and remembering felt like looking through blurry lens; memories difficult to distinguish, but very vivid.

When they huddled behind the bleachers and talked about their quirks; neither judging, just accepting without the prospect of a second thought or a moment of doubling back on their word. When they made friendship bracelets of shining beads and faux crystals spelling out each other's names, that they wore every day to school and they showed off with connected and swinging hands. They dressed in frilly, retro-looking dresses and pretty makeup to have secret picnics in parks on the sunniest of days, a little treat of several pomegranates given to Toga by [Name]. Just for her. Another, absolutely euphoria-inducing reminder that she was accepted in open arms by [Name].

It was now Toga's biggest regret in life that they never truly spoke about their relationship; because everything was just a little too intimate to be straight. Her regrets were not finally letting loose and rejecting the cruel words her parents shoved at her since she was a small child. They were never getting the chance to kiss the true love in her life.

[Name] was a demure girl who rejected most people who tried to start conversations with her; most of them were just doing so because she was pretty and didn't talk much, which was intriguing for nosy, usually bubbly people who enjoyed hanging out in big groups. Toga didn't bother her, but looked on with admiration, just watching from afar in appreciation because no matter what people said about her, [Name] never had any trouble standing up to whoever was in the wrong or making her uncomfortable. And she respected that, realizing that she was the type she would probably hate. Toga's group of friends talked about [Name] behind her back, and pressed her to tell them about her quirk with a morbid fascination, and were overall putting a strain on the mask she put on because going against them resulted into ostracization at school as well as at home... and she just couldn't afford that.

Magically, just like a cliché, it was a school assignment that brought the two girls together. And the rest was history.

Surprising Toga a bit, [Name] suggested lovely, atmospheric areas to work on the project. Usually sunny places that were actually quite romantic looking back. [Name]'s tongue lost it's sharp edge around Toga pretty quickly; she was eager to speak to her but not in a patronizing, pitying way, genuine interest. To be honest, the quiet girl found herself accidentally getting too focused on the blonde's golden eyes instead of what she was saying a few too many times. "I'll see you tomorrow, [Name]-chan!"