sweet words || tamaki amajiki x m!reader

⌜ • ° + ° • ⌝

𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 || 𝐭𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢 𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐣𝐢𝐤𝐢 𝐱 𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

⌞ ° • + • ° ⌟

You were nervously watching the clown show Tamaki and Nejire were putting on, a tight smile on your features and hands pressed together as you waited for your turn. These 1-A students shouldn't really judge you all for your personalities and decide, according to that, whether or not you deserve to be U.A's top four, since all of you were powerful in battle, but... first impressions were important, and being guided by third-years would probably work out better if you all toned it down a little bit. 

"[Surname], please..." Aizawa gave an aggravated sigh, pressing a hand to his forehead as he internally begged for you to get on with it and distract the students from your friend's slightly... shall we say, overwhelming questions. "R-Right..." You moved to face class 1-A, dragging the attention to you instead of Nejire.

"Hi, nice to meet you all! I'm [Name] [Surname]! It's a great opportunity to see such promising first-years and teach you a little bit about work studies; you have an exciting time ahead of you!" You tried to show your brightest smile to maybe ease these poor kids' nerves, but you ended up accidentally blinding them with your wholesomeness instead. You were practically glowing, and it wasn't your quirk. The only thing running through the 1A students' minds at that moment was 'Cute', but in different fonts. Overwhelmingly cute, that's exactly what you were. And even just hearing your lovely voice speaking was making something in Tamaki's heart stir, again. It wasn't apparent looking at you now, but you were so cruel. Making him feel all these things he didn't understand.

In fact, that had been quite a problem for the past few weeks. Tamaki had known you for a while, and sure, he'd always been nervous around you, but he assumed that's just how he was. He wasn't that way around Mirio and Nejire, though, only you, and you were all his friends... Was it because you were really cute? And sweet? And lovely? And just... perfect, in his eyes? Fuck. He was Gone™ bro. Tamaki had fallen too hard, there was no going back now.

Tamaki didn't know exactly what he was feeling, but there was a lot of it.

"Mirio!" You squeaked out in a disapproving tone, trying to help a very dejected-looking Kirishima to his feet. "What the hell, that was totally unnecessary!" You knew the advantages of having a powerful quirk- or, well, two, actually. It was only going to be Mirio, Tamaki, and Nejire as the 'Big Three' of U.A, but then you came along; ass-kicker with a lovely personality, and you fit right in. It helped you knew Mirio and Tamaki since you were younger, too. 

"Hey, [Name], you should've fought them, too! Bet you could've really taught them a lesson as well!" You panicked hearing Nejire's input, and the 1-A students were almost beside themselves hearing this. You, too? If you were anywhere near Mirio's level they just knew they'd be finished. You sweat-dropped as you tried your best to help out the beaten-up first-years. "Even if I did, I would know how to hold back, at least..."

『••✎••』

"Do you think no one sees how you look at him? You've totally fallen, Tamaki!"

"Ooh, are we talking about crushes? Amajiki, you like [Name] don't you?! You're always looking at him like he's the most precious little gem in the world? Which he is, but still, you do!"

"I-I do that? P- People see me do that?!"

"Just us, don't worry! But anyway, we totally need to talk about this. This is so exciting, is this your first crush? It makes so much sense too, [Name]'s just perfect! He's so soft and pretty and shy, you'd make a great couple, ya know!" Nejire giggled from where she sat beside Tamaki at the lunch table, face resting between her hands as her words sent the boy into a flustered panic. He realized he was gonna have to do it. Confess, that is. Tamaki couldn't go on with this any longer.

"[Name]! I-I have to talk to you..." Tamaki immediately shrunk down after accidentally making his voice a little louder than usual, acting like he'd just been shot by his own immense embarrassment, though all you did was turn around and automatically smile. "Yes, Tamaki?" Oh god, what if he messed this up? What if you rejected him? How would he face you again after this? What if you did agree to go out with him, but he acted so awkward and ridiculous on the date you reject him anyway?

He'd been rambling in his head so much the part where he actually asked you was blurred out, and the only thing that snapped him out of it was your hands on his shoulders — you were shorter, so you were leaning up on your tippy-toes — and the words coming from your mouth. "Tamaki, I'd love to! But, are you okay?" "I..." Tamaki couldn't answer, he was too blinded by the bright, adorable smile resting on your face. "Too... bright..."

You panicked and had to take him to the infirmary because he unfortunately fainted, too shocked by his success to function properly.