paws || ikuya kirishima x f!reader

[a/n]: @KawaiiAyakoChanUwU requested this!!! hope you enjoy :))

also man, parts of this are super inspired by wolf children!! absolute banger movie, go watch it, 10/10 💆💆✨

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝐩𝐚𝐰𝐬 || 𝐢𝐤𝐮𝐲𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐚 𝐱 𝐟!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The reveal when you hesitantly pull your hood down to reveal a pair of velvety, twitching, triangular ears is definitely something. "I'm an endangered species," You winced at your own serious words before twisting them into a joke, "I'm 100% that bitch."

"[Name], please be serious."

But yeah, you were pretty much one of the very few part-cat people left. You've been doing your absolute best, working your ass off, and scrutinizing every detail about living normally ever since you moved away from your adopted parents to live in Tokyo. Adjusting everything about your lifestyle to make sure no one ever found out about your little secret.

It was easy enough when you were quite solitary, just tucking your irritating tail into your pants and making sure you always wore a hat or hood on your head, if not both. But when you started to meet new people, it was getting tougher, since there were more people around you who may pick up on little things you do.

Ikuya had become one of the biggest threats to your secret. He noticed how you seemed confused during lectures at the beginning of the year, taking notes earnestly despite not having a textbook, simply not filling out a slip for attendance. Overall looking a little out of place. You had lunch with him a few times [during which you struggled and hoped he didn't notice how your upper and lower canines were significantly sharp and pointed], and found out about his aspiration to swim. You were interested, though you weren't too keen on water.

You said you'd support him, and sometimes you even met up with him after practice to go unwind at a café or something. You even cheered him on at tournaments, which led to a few awkward moments of meeting his old friends on accident.

A relationship you didn't expect bloomed over time, causing your slightly lonely, difficult life to look a little brighter. However, it also brought on a bout of anxiety about your secret, and how hard it would be to hide it. Ikuya had asked once about why you never took off the hats you wore, but you felt like he would ask again. And simply, "I get cold easier than others" wouldn't be a satisfying answer.

So, you decided to rip the band-aid off, and just tell Ikuya, because it was really eating away at you.

"What, did you expect me to start meowing for you or something?" You blew some hair out of your face and shot him a smile, recieving a blushing face of embarrassment in response. "No." You'd been pretty apprehensive about how he'd respond, but he seemed to be pretty okay with the fact that you were half-cat. It certainly made hanging out at each other's places more comfortable.

Sometimes Ikuya would be close next to you, probably cuddling, and get surprised when a feathery tail brushed his cheek, or on another occasion when he caught a glimpse of your fangs if you smiled widely. But it's adorable, and he just didn't know how to handle it. He could imagine how difficult it must've been to constantly hide appendages like ears and a tail, and he was glad you could just relax, feel a little freer in private with him.

While spending more time around the real you, Ikuya picks up on little things you do and habits you have. Buying a new pair of pajama pants or something else comfortable and spending half an hour or so cutting a hole in the back for your tail, having to clip your nails a lot more regularly due to how sharp they became, doing a special routine to wash your fangs, etc. Also, do not touch the tail. Especially when you haven't clipped your nails in a while. Ears? ✔️Yes. Please do. You will purr and lean into his hand, then freak out internally because you truly haven't felt this comfortable with someone since you moved to Tokyo. Very wholesome, fully recommend.

Ikuya also had no idea you could turn parts of your body into cat parts. He found out when you were in the middle of a goofy chase around his apartment; you were too invested in your game to help him cook dinner so he stole your controller and bolted. Ikuya didn't seem to have a playful bone in his body, so there was momentary shock from you, during which you just froze, jaw hanging, but then it was so on.

You got those cat legs out and had him in a minimum of ten seconds. Man, you were super agile, even without the cat parts. This was the most paranormal experience Ikuya had ever gotten in his life.

You also got to meet his swimmer friends again, right when you were emphatically congratulating Ikuya for winning first place. It was obviously very amusing for that redhead to see Ikuya's face slowly turn redder and redder all the way to his ears and neck. They teased Ikuya and you grinned slyly at him, tail almost swaying from where it was hidden away from sight.

Oh, you loved Ikuya. And he loved his slightly abnormal girlfriend.