practice || denki kaminari x f!reader

.•° ✿ °•.

𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 || 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐤𝐢 𝐤𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢 𝐱 𝐟!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

°•. ✿ .•°

"And for the pairs. Kirishima and Ashido, Yaoyorozu and Aoyama, Kaminari and [Surname]—"

Turning practically pink with excitement, the yellow-haired boy immediately stole a glance to his side at you. He felt an unrestrained wave of euphoria to see you were smiling fervently back at him, eyes shining with playful excitement as well. The mask of your hero costume was hiding your lips, but anyone could clearly see how your eyes were smiling instead, twinkling softly as they looked back into the boy's yellow hues. Kaminari simply couldn't explain his hype for training with you, another sweet excuse to spend more time with you.

You seemed to be quite shy about your looks and person overall, but Kaminari thought you were cute as hell. He even abandoned Mineta to hang out with you, even just in the common room or kitchen [you didn't cook, just dared each other to squirt cream into your mouths from the bottle to freak Iida out]. You were quiet a lot of the time, but when people talked to you you reciprocated their energy and usually spoke with a smile on your face, and you had a great sense of humour.

Kaminari, amazingly, stopped some of his more perverted habits for you. Instead of being the shorty's accomplice in sly schemes, he ended up rolling around on the floor in pure bliss with a big boyish smile on his face as he read your text conversations. Mineta hated that he was actually getting attention from a real-life girl, but fuck him am I right. Dare I say it, the pikachu boy was moving on.

You were internally pretty coy about physical attention but enjoyed it a lot, fervently shaking Kaminari's arm when something exciting happened, grabbing him away from Jirou when he inadvertently pissed her off and was about to get himself beat up, and offering the yellow-haired boy a hug when he was sure he wouldn't be able to go on the summer camp with everyone.

"[Naaame], comfort me!" He wailed pathetically, and you had smiled sympathetically and held out your arms, the boy immediately catapulting himself into your embrace while comical tears of sadness and adoration streamed down his face. You also kept an eye on him when he short-circuited because let's be honest, he might get into serious trouble when he's completely vulnerable like that. This just meant that when he was in that mindset he followed you around like a lost puppy, as if he didn't do that already and you were okay with it.

You were the only girl who put up with him, sigh. According to him, you were the best of them all. It was also solidified when you were at the arcade, on the class shopping trip, after gravitating towards each other and running off to play games, and you worked so hard to get the pikachu plushie then squeezed the life out of it when you got it. "Look, it's like you! P i k a c h u." He almost d i e d from how cute it was. You two were such a perfect match, everyone could see it. Kaminari was your fanboy, too; he got really easily distracted watching you kick ass in battles or hero training; you were so cool, we stan strong women, and that was no fragile girl. Now he got to train with you! If that isn't a blessing he didn't know what was.

Like his battle with Shiozaki from Class 1-B, it didn't take very long for you to overpower Kaminari; shocking him with your quick moves and pinning him down on the floor in six seconds flat. He knew very well you were a great fighter, but he just hadn't been prepared for it to all happen so fast. You didn't even have to use your quirk!

"Not fair!" Kaminari whined like a baby, flailing his trapped limbs until you got off and let him go free. "I almost won..." You let out a carefree chuckle from behind him as he wearily rose to his feet again. "Yeah, alright."

*✿❀ ' ♡ ' ❀✿*

Kaminari got into the swing of things after a while, and when it was time for a break, you both flopped down on the floor, hands blindly fumbling for water bottles as you basked in the tiredness from your draw. It was the first time you and Kaminari had to genuinely work that hard in hero training, like wow. You were great opponents for each other, that was clear. "You okay?" You puffed, still catching your breath as you leaned your body upwards and chugged your bottle of water. Kaminari made a wheezing sound in response, making you chortle and almost choke on your drink.

"[Name]... I was wondering."

"You were thinking? Because I really can't relate."

After taking a moment to laugh, Kaminari continued and you urged him to, eyes on him and ears peeled as you listened intently to what he had to say. Really, he hadn't thought it would be so hard to get the words out. It all went so smoothly in his head; he'd obviously knock you off your feet with his smooth, charming words, and you'd start dating and fall in love. But instead, Kaminari was fumbling with his thoughts and fingers, heart drumming in his chest as he felt your eyes on him, head perked curiously.

"Well... would you like to go see a movie or something sometime?"

There was a beat of silence in which you blinked your eyes once, then twice, and then your face lit up in a violent red. You kind of looked like you had a fever or something, or were you just not used to getting asked out at all? That couldn't be, but during the very short moments of you not answering, Kaminari felt insecurities picking at him slowly. He was too dumb for you. No way you'd go out with him. You're too good for him, so high-tier—

"I'd love to." You blurted out, eyes still impossibly wide and face blushing brightly as you tried to get the words out. "I don't really do much, so whenever we don't have any hero work should be fine. S- Sounds fun, Denki!"

"Sweet!" Kaminari felt like his heart would burst any moment now. "I'm—"

"Oi, lovebirds! Get back to training and stop being lazy!"