..➭ boba date || oikawa tooru x m!reader ‧₊ ˀˀ

𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖
𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏, 𝑰'𝒎 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒆𝒊𝒓𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖
𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒂𝒎 𝑰 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔?𝑰 𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒌𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅

「 𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙙 - 𝙗𝙩𝙨 」

↷ ·˚ ༘ 💌 : 𝐛𝐨𝐛𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 || 𝐨𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐰𝐚 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐫𝐮 𝐱 𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 : ꒱

Oikawa saw you as a threat to his little front; you always managed to one-up him when it came to teasing. He always hit you with something back, but he Didn't Know What To Do when you swooped in with something breathtakingly romantic. An intimate one-liner. His weakness. Especially when you were the first person who'd said it with such passion, as humorous as the situation may look to anyone else. The lovey-dovey nature you two used to compete was difficult to get in the way of, you'd be caught in the crossfire of coquettish remarks and it was something you'd try to avoid. Don't leave the two most dramatic players on the team to attempt to out-do each other.

You stole his glasses and still managed to use the few inches you had over him in height to keep them away from his grabby hands, bombarding you with whines of your name to leave him and his glasses alone. You always took no mind to it and just increased your flirty behaviour tenfold, even pushing your hair back and placing the glasses on your face.

"[Name]-channnn! Give them back!"

Oh yeah, Oikawa is all smirks and 'accidentally' bumping shoulders until you turn it on him. Then the facade crumbles away and he's badgering you over one thing or the other. It doesn't help you give up at nothing; Iwaizumi has discovered, both to his dismay and fascination, you may be more melodramatic than the captain himself. You really could sweep him off his feet and leave him wordless, and that was a feat. Even despite the possibility... you were doing this for pure amusement, and were devoid of real feelings for Oikawa.

Oh, how wrong that assumption was.

When Oikawa turned to you first after giving his absolute best to the game, that genuine glee on his boyish face, that softened the teasing edge you had. You'd laugh at him for how sweaty and fired up he was, when in reality your chest swooned at chocolate brown eyes with a raw passion.

It got to the point where everyone was just like "KISS ALREADY."

You two were so annoying. The true underlying affection was something basically only visible to everyone except you two. It'd go, "Tooru-chaan, that spike sucked", "Eat my ass, [Name]-chan" and then you'd be walking home together after school. You're even more insufferable when you're together and more or less at peace with each other

"Do you guys ever get tired of being annoying?"

"Patty-cake party-cake—"

But any other time you're battling to see who can tease the other more. Everyone else can see the mutual pining and it's physically hurting them watching you two interact. Glancing over your shoulder back at the other after talking, the longing glances quickly breaking when the other notices, lingering playful touches— please, just kiss already. However, a part of Oikawa felt like it would always be like this. All talk and never anything real. And it did hurt, but he tried not to think about it, push down the disappointment when the warmth of your body disappeared.

But it all changed one day.

"Tooru, despite the fact that you are flatter than a washboard, would you give me the pleasure of taking you out tomorrow?"