remember me || dabi x f!reader

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞 || 𝐝𝐚𝐛𝐢 𝐱 𝐟!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Your life wasn't the easiest, but you got by.

Actually, 'you got by' was what you tiredly and desperately chanted inside your head during all the hours of work you endured while heavily lethargic, feeling like you could topple over like a dead bird any second.

When you finally got back to your place, you immediately tended to the dog's needs. Took the small toy poodle around the block to the park, fed him, brushed him- you wanted to make the most of having the family pet here with you, as your companion, but it was difficult to care for him. He'd be going back to your parents the following day- a fairly long car trip you were not sure you'd be ready for.

After taking care of the dog, you sat in the bathtub for a little too long, the pleasant soak you bought a few weeks prior making you drowsy, completed the routine of messing with your hair, and dressing in your most comfortable clothes. sweatpants, and a big cozy sweater. Everything from your hair to your clothes made you feel soft and warm, but something felt off about tonight. It was something you were way too tired to ponder, as you'd been on your feet and fussing around for ages and it was nearing 1 AM, so as far as you were concerned you were completely done for the night.

However, it was only when you were snuggled into bed with the dog curled up somewhere near you in the sheets when you felt a cold breeze. The window was open, the air pushing your curtains gently. Fuck. You groaned loudly and trudged over, moving from your comfortable spot on the bed with much reluctance.

As soon as your window shut, you heard a loud, very worrying thump from your living room. You froze up.

Someone was in your goddamn apartment.

The toy poodle immediately sprang up, a very low, hushed growl echoing from the bottom of its throat, and you gave him a worrying look. Smaller dogs were considerably fiercer than bigger ones in some instances, and you were slightly worried that the naturally fiery dog might engage in something its body wasn't fit to handle, but worrying about him taking on the wrong fight wasn't the greater issue here.

Seeing the only thing near you to defend yourself that wasn't your own quirk, you grabbed the baseball bat on a random chair in your room (meant for a situation like this, in a place you wouldn't have to look very far to find), heart in your throat as you slowly inched into the living room, accompanied by the clatter of small claws. But when you dare to enter, in a cold sweat, the room was empty. You blink in confusion, your hands' grip on the bat starting to get slippery.

"I see you haven't changed much."

A voice spoke, fairly terrifyingly, and it's mixed with your dog's sharp, warning bark, making your head turn in its direction so fast you nearly get whiplash, despite how scared you are.

"It's nice to see you again, [Name]."

His voice is strangely familiar, but at the same time, it's so different. Not smooth honey, but a deep, velvety tar. As you looked him over, trembling a little, you tried to comprehend how much the boy from your childhood has changed into someone you pretty much didn't recognize on sight, especially in the darkness of the night. You reached a hand in front of the fierce little dog to make sure he didn't make a move.

He looked very different, obviously. Red hair dyed black, piercings decorating his face and body, thick, silver staples keeping purplish, burned skin together. But one thing remained the same: the small, sheepish grin that's painted across his lips. You'd be damned if you didn't remember that smile. Your gaze was attracted to his shoulder, where his worn-out white shirt is stained a bright crimson. Your voice hitched as you stepped back, and your dog growls again.