Part 28

Lexie's POV-

Hannah was always great at telling when people were lying, so when she said that she didn't believe Rebecca's story about how she got the black eye I knew that something else must have happened. But what I saw was 10 times worst than I had even thought possible.

As I looked at her stomach my heart shattered. I thought it was bad last time, but this time I physically stopped breathing when I saw it.

Her stomach was covered in bruises, they were all different colours, some were a faded green, yellow colour and others were mix of black, blue and purple. I had never see something so... damaged. The pain she must have been in, the pain she must still be in right now.

Why didn't she tell us? Why didn't she tell me?

"Oh my god." Was all I had managed to say though. I physically couldn't look away.

"It's okay." Rebecca said, forcing me to look up at her beautifully innocent face.

"How is this okay?" I asked her in disbelief. "How can this possibly be okay?" I said looking back down at her stomach as a tear rolled down my check.

"Please don't cry. I'm okay." I hear Rebecca say quietly as she moves my hand away lowering her hoodie.

"What happened to your stomach to cause that many bruises?" Hannah asked from just behind me probably in as much shock as I was.

We all looked at Rebecca waiting for an answer, but she just looked down avoiding eye contact.

"Who did that to you?" Noah asked with a hint of anger in his tone.

We waited, but she didn't answer.

Suddenly, a phone ringing grabbed our attention. Mike pulled out his phone to answer.

"Sorry Rory, nows not really a good time. I'll call you back later." Mike said, but as we were all so focused on him no one noticed Rebecca leave before it was too late.

Rebecca's POV-

OMG! I am so screwed! How the hell did I let this happen. Everything was going so well, all I had to do was keep my head down, but nooo instead I had to go and mess it all up.

They saw my bruises, they knew I was lying. What was I supposed to do now? They kept asking questions, in the end I couldn't think of and more excuses, so I just didn't answer.

Thank god Mikes phone went off. If I didn't have that opportunity to escape, I really have now I idea how I would have dealt with the rest of their questions.

I know they care about me, I really do, but there's nothing they can do to help. It would just make everything worst.

When I left Mikes house I headed straight home.

I got home around 9:15 and decided to just go straight to bed.

***

As I woke up the next morning I was greeted with several missed calls and texts from all of my friends.

Hannah: Hey are you okay? All we want to do is help you and make sure that you're safe x

Noah: If the person hurting you is threatening you then you need to tell us so we can help. If it's someone from school then I can sort them out, but I need to know who.

Mike: You left so fast. Please tell me what happened. I just want to help.

Lexie: Why did you leave? Why won't you talk to me?

Lexie: Please talk to me.

Lexie: Something obviously happened, something bad and we had a promise.

Lexie: Please answer, I'm starting to get worried. At least let me know that you got home safely.

Lexie: It's nearly 1am, so if you don't reply by 8am tomorrow I'm coming over.

Quickly I sit up feeling a shooting pain go through my stomach, but completely ignoring it as I frantically look over to the clock on my bedside table.

7:34am.

A sigh of relief washed over me at least until I realised that I was going to have to reply to her in order to stop her coming over.

When I got home last night my dad was it a fairly good mood as he asked how my night was, but Lexie coming over here was not an option. My didn't have work till tonight, so he would be home all day.

To get it over with though I decided on a group message to all of them.

Me: Hey guys, I'm fine. Sorry for scaring you all by leaving so quickly, but I had to go and there's no need for you guys to worry.

I breathed out a shaky breath as I pressed send. Less than a minute later I got a reply.

Lexie: If you don't want us to worry, then you're going to have to talk to us. I'll come over to your now.

I sighed in defeat. I guess I was going to have to tell them.

Me: Okay, I'll explain everything. But not here.

================================

N/A

Here's a little update for you all x Hope you liked the cliffhanger 🙃
Don't worry though, I'll be posting the next part tomorrow morning x

Thanks for reading
Love, Paige Novak
Xoxo