Part 18

Lexie's POV-

"Hey Lexie... and friends." Sam said slightly confused as we all walked into the changing room. "What can I do for you guys." She asked with a cocky smirk.

"We need to talk to you." I said as we all took a step towards her.

With Mike, Hannah and Noah behind me it was 4 against 1. Maybe it was a little unfair but I wanted answers.

"Wait... is this about Rebecca?" She asked taking a step back.

But with that Mike and Noah moved towards her both grabbing an arm each and pinning her up against the wall. I would have done it myself, trust me. But I made a promise to Rebecca that I wouldn't do anything.

"Yeah, it's about Rebecca and what you did to her." Noah said as he started to get more angry.

"Hey, it was a game. It got a little rough, but it wasn't that big of a deal." She said trying to push the boys off of her. She was the captain of the basketball team, so she was pretty strong. This being one of the main reasons why I brought Mike and Noah along.

Standing at 5'10 she was a similar height to Noah, but still slightly taller than Mike. But I wasn't worry.

"No big deal! You hit her in the stomach so hard she has a giant bruise." I half shouted at her.

"Wow, I didn't hit her in the stomach." She said looking genuinely confused.

"Then how do you explain the bruise." Hannah said now taking a step towards Sam and grabbing her chin roughly to force her to look her straight in the eyes.

"I don't know, but I can tell you that it wasn't from me." She said sounding almost sincere.

With that Hannah let got of her and turned towards me with a confused look. Hannah was always good at telling when people were lying or not and it seemed like she believed her.

"Wait, but I saw you push Rebecca to the floor during gym." I said now taking a step towards Sam.

"Okay, I admit that I was a bit rough, but I didn't hit her in the stomach or anything. I just knocked her leg so she would lose her balance and even then I didn't do it that hard, at least not hard enough to leave a bruise." She said with complete eye contact.

"But why was you so rough with her then?" Mike asked.

"I'm competitive and she was showing me up in front of everyone... in front of you." She answered moving her gaze over to me.

"Well, you had no right." I said feeling slightly bad.

"I know and I'm sorry, but I promise you that I didn't give her any bruises." She said leaving me with less answers than what I had when i walked into this changing room.

"I believe her." Hannah interrupted.

"Same." Mike said now letting her go.

Noah was a little more reluctant probably because he was always so protective over his friends, but deep down he knew she wasn't lying either.

And so did I.

Rebecca's POV-

I was waiting at the library for more than 10 minutes before Lexie finally showed up. I wondered what took her so long, but then I saw that she was with Mike, Hannah and Noah so I just assumed they just got caught up with something.

"Hey." I said greeting them.

"Hey, sorry I took so long." She said with a half smile.

She seemed a bit off and to be honest so did the others. They were just so much more... quieter than usual.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked sort of confused.

"Yeah, we're good. Maths was just really boring is all." Mike answered and the rest nodded in agreement, so I just decided to shrug it off.

With that the bell rang and break was over, so much for getting our project finished during break.

"Hey, how about you come over to my house tonight, so we can finish the project." Lexie asked as we started to walk to our next lesson.

"Yeah, sure. I'll just text my dad and let him know." I said.

Not even 10 seconds after I sent the text I got a reply.

Dad: Yeah that's fine. Just be home in time for dinner at 5pm.

================================

N/A

5:41am just like I promised x