Part 5

Rebecca's POV-

It turned out that Mikes house was only a 5 minute walk away from the café. When we got there Lexie knocked on the door. As soon as Mike answered he engulfed us both in a big hug.

Straight away I could tell that he had been crying. He always seems so happy at school, so it was weird seeing him so down.

"I'm so happy that you guys came." Mike said finally letting go of both of us and taking a step back.

"I just didn't want to be on my own." He continued as he walked into his living room gesturing for us to follow.

"You know I'll always come if you needed me. But what's wrong? You're staring to worry me." Lexie said sitting down on the couch facing Mike.

"He cheated on me, Lexie. Ted actually cheated on me." He said as he started to tear up again.

"Aww Mikey, I'm so sorry. You deserve so much better." Lexie said as she leaned forward giving him another hug.

To be honest, being in Mike's house really made me feel out of place. I felt so bad for him because I'm guessing that Ted was his boyfriend who has now cheated on him, but I'm still new to this friendship group, so I had no idea how I was supposed to help.

But this sort of reminded me on a time at my old school when my friends boyfriend cheated on her so she sent his number to everyone in her contacts telling them what he did and asked them to send it to everyone in their contacts.

It was hilarious! The guy kept getting prank calls for weeks before he finally had to change his number.

"So... how about we get some revenge?" I suggested, this causing them both to turn around and give me confused looks.

"What do you mean by revenge?" Mike asked as he became more intrigued.

"I mean, he messed with you so let's give him a test of his own medicine." And with that I told them the plan.

"It'll never work, unlike your old school this is a small town. If I send it to my contacts then news will spread and we'll get in trouble." Mike said.

"So then I'll send them to my old friends, no one in this town know them, so it'll work perfectly." This causes them both to smile.

With that I took my phone out of my pocket and Mike gave me Ted's number. With in a matter of seconds it has been sent to all my old friends and with in a matter of minutes it has been sent to all of their friends. The plan was working perfectly.

"You really are something else Rebecca Wilson, you know that?" Lexie said moving towards me in a slightly seductive way.

Putting my phone down on the table I took a step back as she started to get a little too close. This caused me to gulp as I started to get more nervous. I don't know why though, I was fine at the café but at this point in time my back was being pressed against the wall with this beautiful blonde standing right in front of me.

"But it's a shame that is already 5:50." She said with a teasing smirk written across her face.

"Wait... what?" I said realising the time.

"I've got to go. Bye" I said to both Lexie and Mike as I left the house at a fast pase.

As I left the house I finally released a breath that I didn't realise I was holding. Damn that girl was something else.

Seeing as it was a small town and my house was literally 8 minutes away from Mikes I wasn't too worried about being late to dinner.

***

As I reached the front door I checked my watch, it was exactly 5:59. Perfect, I thought opening the front door and stepping inside.

Straight away a strong smell hit me and it wasn't the smell I was expecting. Instead of smelling a home cooked dinner which is what I was expecting I was hit with an overwhelming smell of alcohol.

Cautiously moving towards the kitchen I heard my dad talking to someone. As we were the only two people that lived her I was a little confused.

As I stepped into the kitchen door way I saw my dad on the phone. "I'll let her know. Thanks for calling." Was all I heard him say before he put the phone down and glanced over to me in the door way.

The second he put the phone down he picked up a bottle of what I assumed was beer.

"You'll never guess who that was." He said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

As I looked at him confused he took a swig of his beer and took a step towards me.

"What did you say you're friends name was? You know, the one you said you was grabbing a coffee with after school." He asked with more sarcasm now looking quite annoyed.

"Her.. her name was Lexie." I stuttered starting to feel uncomfortable as I wasn't sure where he was going with this.

"See now that's fun because I just got a call from a Mike and he said that you left your phone at his house." He said taking another swig.

"He's Lexie's friend. When me and Lexie where at the café he called her upset so we both just quickly went over to check on him." I tried to explain.

"Becca! Why are you lying to me!" He said as he started to raise his voice slamming his beer on the table.

"I'm not, I promise. I'm telling the truth." I said starting to get frustrated.

"Are you sleeping with him?" He asked catching me off guard.

"What?... no, of course not. I wouldn't do that." I replied.

"Stop lying to me Becca!" He yelled taking another step towards me now leaving less than a metre between us.

"I'm not lying to you. You're just drunk!" I shouted back at him finally having enough.

But before I knew it I saw a blur as his hand slapped me straight across the face nearly knocking me to the ground. Holding the side of my face with my hand I started to feel it sting and tears started to fill my eyes.

"This is all your fault" he then shouted at me as he grabbed my left wrist that I had place on my check pulling it away from my face.

Holding it tightly in his grip I winced at the pain. With his grip still firm he used his other hand to grab my shoulder pushing me to the ground.

As I hit the ground hard I looked up through blurred eyes to see my dad grab another beer and leave the kitchen. I sat there in confusion for a few minutes trying to understand what had just happened.

After hearing him walk up the stairs and slam his bedroom door shut I finally stood up and made my way to my room.

As I stepped inside my room closing the door behind me, I leaned my back against it slowly sliding down and pulling my knees into my chest. Now feeling more tears fall down my check as I wondered what I had done to make him not believe me.

After 5 minutes of just sitting their clutching my wrist as the pain started to disappear slightly, I got straight into my bed and just tried to forget about what had just happened.

I mean maybe I'll wake up and It would have all just been another nightmare because that would mean that my dad had never actually hit me and that he still loves me.

At least, that's what I hoped.