Part 9

Rebecca's POV-

The next morning I woke up covered in sweat as I sat up in my bed to try and recover from the same nightmare that invaded my mind every night. I just missed my mother so much and the fact that dad was starting to act different didn't help. Some times I wish I could just talk to my dad about her, you know. But that never ends on a happy note and that is why I don't even try anymore.

After 15 minutes of just sitting there my alarm finally went off, so I got out of bed and just jumped into the shower. As I got out, I put on a simple pair jeans with a light pink sweater and matching pink vans. Then I pulled my hair up into a high ponytail and put on a bit of makeup.

With that I made my way downstairs. It was weird not having my dad downstairs, but he was probably still asleep in bed, so I just grabbed a banana and left to catch the bus.

Once I arrive at school I headed towards my locker. As I turned the corner I saw a beautiful blonde standing in front of my locker, to my surprise though she wasn't facing my direction, instead her back was towards me as she was talking to a girl that I hadn't seen before.

The other girl was pretty masculine as she was slightly taller than Lexie and sporting what I assumed to be the school's basketball team uniform.

Just then she glanced over and saw me walking towards her and Lexie, so she lent forward and whispered something into Lexie's ear.

Okay... so it wasn't like I was that jealous before but this seemed to really annoy me. As she pulled away Lexie let out a loud laugh, but didn't look around to seen me.

When I got close enough I wrapped my arms around Lexie's waist giving her a hug from behind. I wasn't jealous, I just wanted to make sure that this girl, who ever she was knew that Lexie was mine. Even though we weren't officially dating or anything. At least not yet.

"Hey, what's so funny?" I asked now standing next to Lexie, but not moving my right hand from her waist.

"Hey Rebecca, this is Sam. She was just telling me a joke." Lexie said as she gave me a smile.

"It's nice to meet you Rebecca. Lexie told me that there was a new girl" Sam greeted me as she held out her hand.

"Yeah, well Lexie hasn't told me anything about you. So I guess it's nice to meet you too." I said taking her hand and shaking it.

Who was this girl? And why hadn't Lexie mentioned her before?

With that the bell rang. Lexie then quickly said bye to Sam as she grabbed my hand pulling me towards our first class.

"So, who was that?" I asked maybe being a little too blunt.

"Oh, that's Sam. The captain of the girls Basketball team. She's really nice, trust me." Was all she said before we arrived to our first lesson.

The captain. Of course she's the captain.

As we both sat down at the back of the class Lexie asked my a question.

"So, did you ask your dad if you're allowed to stay over at mine this weekend?"

"Shit, no I forgot. I'll text him now. So, what's the plan?" I asked taking my phone out of my pocket.

"Well tomorrow is Friday, so my mom can pick us both up after school and you can stay the night at mine." She suggest.

"Sounds great, he'll probably text be back when he wakes up." I said sending the text to my dad.

The next four lesson went pretty fast and I had to go to the library at break time, so I met Lexie in the cafeteria at Lunch.

As I sat at the table with Lexie across from me, Mike next to me and Noah and Hannah sat together beside Lexie, I decided to check my phone.

"Has you're dad text you back yet?" Lexie asked.

"Yeah, he said it's fine." I replied smiling at her.

"Oooo, what you two smiling about?" Mike questioned us both.

"Well aren't you the nosey one." Noah added bring everyone's attention to the conversation.

"Well, I'm staying at Lexie's house for a sleepover tomorrow night. Did you want to join us Mike." I asked making everyone laugh.

"And interrupt the two love birds, I think not." With that my face went slightly red, but Lexie reaches out and placed her hand on mine.

Soon enough the conversation changed and we all ate lunch before the bell rang.

As me and Lexie made our way down the hallway to our last lesson, we both stopped as I hear my name being called over the school speaker for me to go to the front desk. We both shared a look of confusion before I headed there to see what they wanted.

As I approached the front desk the receptionist she told me to take a seat and wait for my name to be called, so that was what I did. I was a little confused but odds are they just needed me to fill some more paperwork out because I was still new.

After a few minutes the Principal's office door opened and out stepped the Headmaster of the school. I hadn't actually seen him before, but he seemed like a pretty strict guy.

"Rebecca Wilson?" He called now looking around the waiting room.

With that I raised my hand. As he made eyes contact with me he asked me to follow him into his office.

Once I got inside he gestured for me to take a seat in front of his desk.

"Rebecca Wilson, do you have any idea why I have called you into my office." He asked now taking a seat at his desk.

"No, Sir." Was all I answered, I was starting to get confused at this point.

"Do you know a Teddie Prince?" He asked now looking straight at me.

"No, Sir." I answered. I have never heard that name before in my life.

"Then how come I had his parents in my office this morning with evidence to show that a mobile phone registered under your name has been sending his private number to people he doesn't know."

Now this caught me off guard. How... how did he link it back to my phone?

"Um... I don't know, sir." I stuttered not sure what to say.

"Why would you do something like that? The poor boy has received over a hundred fake calls over the past few days. He's had to pay to get his number changed." He said still looking at me with questioning eyes.

"I don't know, Sir." Was all I could say.

"Now, he seems to think that you did this because a Mike Miller has put you up to it. Is that true?" He asked.

"No, Sir." I replied, there was no way I was going to get Mike into trouble. Plus, there was no point in the two of us going down for this.

"I'm still waiting for a reason then, Miss Wilson." He stated more firmly this time.

"It was a joke, Sir. That's all." I couldn't think of another excuse at such short notice.

"A joke. Well, it wasn't very funny now, was it?" He asked.

"No sir, it wasn't."

"Starting next week you will have a one hour detention after school every day for the next two weeks. Do you understand?" He questioned me.

"Yes, Sir" I replied just wanted to leave already, I can't believe I was already in so much trouble on the first week.

After that he gestured for me to leave, but before I reached the door he said one more thing. A thing that was way worst then being given two weeks of detentions.

"Oh and Miss Wilson. I have called your dad to let him know."

Detentions I could handle, but now I had to go home and face my dad. I just prayed that he was in a good mood and with that I left the Principal's office.