Part 4

Rebeccas POV-

I stepped off the bus with the biggest smile on my face. Best day ever! I crossed the street and opened my front door stepping inside, the whole time I felt like I was walking on clouds. I hadn't smiled this much in such a long time.

"How was your first day at school munchkin?" My dad asked as he popped his head out from the kitchen to greet me.

"It was great, i made some new friends. That actually reminds me, can I go grab a coffee after school tomorrow with one of my new friend. Her names Lexie." And she's beautiful.

"Yeah, of course kiddo. Just make sure you're home for dinner at 6pm." He replied as he stirred something around in a pan.

"Yeah I will. Oooo what you cooking? It smells great." I asked walking into the kitchen.

"It's Chicken Stir Fry. It'll be ready in 10 minutes, so go set the table for me."

"Sure thing." I said starting to set the table.
"So how is the new job?" I asked my dad who was still cooking in the kitchen.

"It's great, the boss is a good guy and customers seem a lot nicer as well."

My dad is actually a mechanic and a pretty good one at that, he used to be the best at our old town, that was until he got fired.

"Yeah, I noticed that, the people here do seem a lot nicer." I said.

After dinner I was pretty tired so I just went to bed for an early night. I just couldn't wait for tomorrow.

***

After my alarm pulled me out of my nightmare I sat up in my bed and for the first time in months I smiled. I actually smiled.

I jumped out of bed with a spring in my step and got in the shower. The whole time I was singing and smiling.

Definitely wanting to impress I picked out my favourite light blue blouse and black jeans, straightened my hair and put a sweet but subtle tone of makeup on. Grabbing my bag and heading downstairs I quickly eat my dads pancakes and kissed him goodbye before I hopped on the bus.

My dad was in a good mood again today which was great. I also reminded him about my date with Lexie tonight. Except maybe missing out the fact that it was a date. The thing is my dad doesn't know that I'm gay and to be honest neither did my mom. My parents were always very traditional, so I just never told them. I plan on telling my dad, but not yet, maybe when I move away to college. But definitely not yet. I'm just too worried about how he's going to react.

As the bus pulled up to the school, i stepped off and straight away saw her. It's crazy how I've only know her for a day, but she's just so beautiful and it just feels so right, you know?

As I walked up behind her, I saw that she was talking to Mike and before I could say anything or hear what they were talking about he quickly shushed her and greeted me.

"Hey girl! How you doing?" He asked in an very enthusiastic manner, as he moved towards me and engulfed me in a giant hug.

"I'm good... thanks. How are you?" I replied definitely not matching his level of excitement this early in the morning.

"I'm fantastic." He said finally letting go of me.

As I glanced around Mikes tall frame, I saw Lexie quickly closing her bag like she was trying to hide something. Maybe that was what they were talking about.

As I brought my eyes up from her bag, I saw a devious smirk on her face. This girl is definitely hiding something. So as my curiosity got the better of me, I asked.