Part 6

Lexie's POV-

So that night, I just ended up staying at Mikes house. I've know him since I was born and his parents love me so it was fine. Plus they know that we're both gay so it's not like anything would happen.

Rebecca accidentally left her phone here when she left, so Mike just used her phone to call her dad to let her know that we'd give it her back at school tomorrow. I honestly tried not to snoop in her phone, but it was so difficult. So, I may have had a little look.

I saw that she didn't really keep in contact with many of her old friends, but there was one that she seemed to text quite often and her name was Caitlin. It's not like I'm jealous or anything. I was just curious, so I did start reading some of their messages, but Mike caught me and took the phone off me.

So I didn't really have time to find anything interesting. But I bet they were just friends anyways. No more than that. Right?

***

When me and Mike woke up, he quickly got ready and then walked me to my house which was like 10 minutes away so I could have a quick shower and change my clothes. Then before we knew it we were at school. My mom was nice enough to give us both a ride which she does for me most mornings when she doesn't have to work early.

As we walked through the school entrance we firstly made our way over to Mikes locker so he could get his books and then we went to mine. Hannah and Noah where actually stood there waiting for us.

"So... how did you're date go? Did you have fun? Did you kiss her? Wait, did she kiss you?" Hannah half squealed half rambled the second she saw me.

"Okay, okay. One question at a time please." I said laughing at how similar this interrogation sounded to the one Mike gave me last night after Rebecca left.

"It was fun, I found out that we actually have a lot in common and I think I actually really like her. But, no. We didn't kiss last night. Thanks to Mikey here." I said lightly punching Mikes shoulder. Causing him to gasp and hold it dramatically.

"Hey, what did you do?" Hannah asked Mike with a glare.

"In all fairness it wasn't his fault, his timing was just a bit shit that's all." I said trying to defend my friend as much as I hated his timing.

After that Mike filled them both in on how Ted cheated on him.

"I'll kill him." Noah finally spoke from behind Hannah in an angry tone.

"Don't worry about it Noah. Rebecca actually sorted him out." Mike said with a grin on his face.

This left both Hannah and Noah looking confused, so that is when I filled them in on Rebecca's ingenious revenge plan.

"Wow, I guess she really is a keeper." Noah said winking at me.

"Yeah I guess she is." I said

"Speak of the devil." Hannah said pointing towards the school entrance as Rebecca walked into the school.

"Wish me luck." I said to my friends as I made my way towards her.

We still had 5 minutes until class started but It looked like she was heading towards first period, so I followed behind her.

"Rebecca." I called after her, but she didn't seem to hear me. Instead she just kept her head down and kept walking.

"Rebecca." I called again this time a bit louder but it was no use.

So with that I started to pick up my pace to a slight jog in order to catch her up. When I got close enough I reach out for her left hand to get her attention.

The second my hand grabbed her wrist though, she spun around and winced pulling her hand away from mine. As she grabbed her wrist with her right hand I looked at her face with concern as all that showed was pain.

"What happened to you're wrist?" I asked now looking down at it and seeing a purple bruise around it.

"Um I... I got it caught in the door last night. It's no big deal." She stuttered still holding her wrist.

"Can I have a look?" I asked stepping towards her.

"It's fine, it's just a bruise, don't worry about it. It just hurts a bit." She said now letting go of her wrist.

And just like that the bell rang, so I brushed it off and we headed to first period.

Rebecca's POV-

That morning I woke up before my alarm, but this time it was from a new nightmare. One where my dad slapped me and pushed me to the floor because he was drunk and wouldn't believe me when I told him the truth.

With that I tried to sit up in bed, but the second I put any pressure on my left wrist I felt a shooting pain go through it causing me to wince and lay back down. That was when it hit me, it wasn't a nightmare, it really happened.

My back sort of ached from when I hit the floor and my left check felt sensitive when I touched it, but they were both okay. It was when I looked at my left wrist that I was shocked. There was a ring of purple bruises all the way around it from where my dad grabbed me. Luckily it didn't seem broken.

Careful not to use my left hand much I had a shower and got dressed not being too bother about how I looked.

As I got downstairs I was shocked at what I saw. My dad was in the kitchen flipping pancakes like nothing happened. Was I going crazy?

"Good morning Munchkin." He said causing me to step back at bit out of confusion.

"Look, I'm sorry about last night munchkin. But, I made you favourite, so let's just forget about it. Now, come and sit down and eat up." He said giving me a smile.

Forget about it? He was asking for me to forget about it. This left me sort of shocked. To be honest I wasn't sure what to do, so I just sat down and eat the pancakes as fast as possible, just wanting to get out of the house.

When I was finished, I grabbed my bag and left the house. Deciding to just wait for the bus outside because I was 10 minutes early.

***

When I finally got to school I made my way to first period. The whole time I was caught up in my own thoughts trying to decide what to do. To be honest though, what could I do? Odds are it was just a one time thing anyways. It probably won't even happen again I thought to myself.

Just then I felt someone grab my left wrist and a shooting pain shot straight through it causing me to wince and turn around to see what had caused it. Straight away I saw her beautiful face looking at me with concern, but all I could think about at that moment was the pain, so I pulled my left hand into me and holding it with my right hand to reduce the pain.

"What happened to you're wrist?" She asked now looking down at my wrist as she examined it.

"Um I... I got it caught in the door last night. It's no big deal." I stuttered not being about to think of a better excuse.

"Can I have a look?" She asked stepping towards me.

"It's fine, it's just a bruise, don't worry about it. It just hurts a bit." I said trying to reassure her that it was fine by letting go off my wrist.

And just like that the bell rang, I guess you could say that I was saved by the bell. So then we just headed to first period, thankfully after that she didn't ask anymore questions.

================================

N/A

Ayyy, I got 2 chapters done in one night. I hope you all enjoyed them, it was definitely a bit of a rollercoaster writing them. But now it is 3am, so I think I'm gonna go to sleep. Night everyone.

As always thanks for reading
Love, Paige Novak
Xoxo