Chapter 18 - Trepidation

"I can't believe it, even if we ever said maybe Sidharth kidnapped her, deep down we all believed he's not the one behind it. Oh god it's still hard to believe!" said Shehnaaz's mom

"But why? What was the reason? he's such a good friend of you both and he always loved you guys together, right mom? He convinced you. right? Kartik we must find out the reason, I can't lose my sister again"

"You won't lose her again, neither will I but we don't know where he is now, inspector Ajay is setting up an enquiry in Pune, Lavasa and at railway stations and airports maybe we'll find a lead and if not, then we must fly to Canada"

"Kartik, maybe Sidharth is working for that man Shaurya, it is possible right? Maybe he is making him to do this all because Sidharth came to India for your wedding ceremony, he did not knew about her until you told him"

"Maybe... I don't know. Now. Its only Sidharth who can tell us the truth"

After an hour, the door bell rang of Shehnaaz's house Shenaya opens and finds Kartik's parents they both steps in, Kartik's dad frowns at Kartik, who ignores his father's expressions towards him.

"Do you even care for telling us about this, me and your mom came to know this through Ajay, Kartik? I'm talking to you"

"Why should I tell you? Do you even care?"

"Kartik, is this the way you talk to your dad?"

"Mummy, you don't know what he told me, he told me not to marry her. You know how much I loved her, how much I love her, can't you all see it, or you just don't want to"

An awkward silence filled the room on his words Kartik's mom followed Shehnaaz's mom to the kitchen and Kartik stamped out of the house while Kartik's dad gets busy on his phone, Shenaya got up to follow Kartik outside, she get shock as she found Kartik standing on their lawn looking up at the sky with a blade in his one hand and the other hand full of blood, he cut his own wrist, soon the blood from his wrist start dripping on the lawn grass.

"Kartik! What are you d-doing? Are you..." she pressed his wrist as tight as she can, to stop the bleeding

"Maybe now they can understand my love for Shehnaaz"

"You're crazy, come inside I'll put bandage on it" she drags him inside the house and head towards her mom's bedroom and leave him standing in the living area he walks and sit beside his dad, his dad's eyes grow wide as he sees the blood all over his hand and few drops over the floor.

"Kartik! What on earth...? How did you got yourself cut?"

"I did it. With the blade. You know the pain I feel now... is nothing in front of the thought, of not having Shehnaaz with me. You see now, I can drain every single drop of my blood for her and I will not allow anyone to come between us, no one can take her away from me. No one. I will do anything, anything it takes"

"Oh god, Kartik why you don't understand, my son- "

Kartik's dad stops as he sees Shenaya entering with a first aid kit, she soon clean up his wound and wrap the bandage around his wrist. Kartik's dad kept looking at him in shock and terror all over his face, he surely has never seen this side of his son, as both the moms came out of the kitchen to call others for some tea, they grasp as they see Shenaya cleaning the blood from the floor and Kartik's wrist wrapped with bandage.

"Oh, dear God what happened?" ask Shehnaaz's mom

"He mistakenly got himself cut out in the lawn" said Kartik's dad

"Is it deep?!" Kartik's mom ask worryingly

"I'm fine, mom. I'm fine"

______________________________________