Chapter 6 - Chasing the blues

It's 5:45 in the evening, Shehnaaz's Mom is still clueless.

She started reading the medical file all over again,
First page states Discharge Summary
Patient Name - Shehnaaz Kaur, Age/Gender - 28 Years/ Female,Indoor No. 2020071500056,Consultant Doctor- Dr Ashutosh Mehra, Ward- Private Super Deluxe, Floor - 2nd, Discharge status - Improved,Next Column states
Date & Time of Adm. 15 Jul 2020 11:30 PM,Date & Time of Discharge 18 Jul 2020 9:45 AM,Further, it mentioned complaints on Admission, & reason stated was 'Accident case, Minor injury on head, Comatose state, hemorrhage; internal & external bleeding.' She relives a heavy Sigh..

Turning to next page she suddenly spot something bizarre ! there was a mini receipt with a stamp of Full Bill Paid and to her surprise the total hospital fees quoted was INR 4,75,000 and it was paid at once.

"Such a big amount!and paid at once! Local people won't pay the patient's fees and that too such a huge Amount" thought mother.

She decided to go inside the hospital once again. Since, she was aware that the receptionist won't help her, she thought something different this time.
She entered the hospital, and headed straight towards the Enquiry counter to check whether any doctor is available now, making an excuse of a back pain.

"Yes, Dr. Sharma is available but she is busy with a patient, shall I make your case report?"

"Yeah!" She agreed and gave her formal details and confirmed for an appointment post half and hour and paid the consulting fees at the counter.
The moment she sits in the patient waiting area, she thinks about to sneak from here & inquire further.

She asked the lady sitting next to her "Excuse me, do you know where's the washroom?""Yeah! Just go straight and then take a left" "Thank you !"

"Excuse me, do you know where's the washroom?"
"Yeah! Just go straight and then take a left"
"Thank you !"

She heads out and takes the elevator on the second floor, where her daughter was admitted.

She steps out of the elevator.
On the left side there was an enquiry counter and several couch on the corner of the wall. On the right side there was a long hall way with several wards, the hall way was full of silence, even a footstep could be heard.
While hesitating she turns to her right and starts walking towards the long hall way.
"Excuse me Ma'am, whom are you visiting?" the receptionist calls
Trying to keep her expression calm, Shehnaaz's mother head towards reception. She tries to peak in the open register placed on the reception desk.
"Ma'am whom are you visiting, again?" the receptionist repeats

"Um - uh Mrs. Neeta Gupta"

"Okay her room in on the left end of the hallway , room number 12 " the receptionist informs.

She follows the instructions of the receptionist, and take a step towards room number 12. She look around and sees a closed door labelled as 'Super Deluxe'. She recalls and realise that Shehnaaz was kept in this room.
She walk few steps and then she spot a lady stepping out from a ward with a mop and bucket in her hand, she was wearing hospital's keeper's uniform.

"Excuse me! can you tell me about a patient who was admitted a day ago in that super deluxe ward?" She questioned her.

The sweeper denied to answer, then Shehnaaz's mom bribed her with two thousand rupees notes directly placing in her hands.

The moment Shehnaaz's mother gives her two thousand rupees, she pulled Shehnaaz's mother hand and dragged her towards the corner and starts spilling out.

"Car Accident one right?"

Shehnaaz's Mother Nod

"Ohh, how can I forget! First a women bought her here but she wasn't related to her. So they took her to the general ward, then some of the staff might have called her family, I am not sure .. and then after an hour it was end of my shift arround 12, but they asked me to stay because of her."

"Why, you had to stay back?" asked the mother.

"We were asked to shift her immediately to super deluxe ward and even our HOD came just to see her that too at midnight !"

"HOD ? you mean the head of this hospital?"

"Yes, HOD of this branch! she was a kind of big deal, whole hospital was rushing for her, over a night the top specialist were called just to treat her! No local Doctors were allowed to enter her ward. Babababa!! she exclaimed.

The curiosity of mother arise while listening to this and she asks in confused tone "But didn't anybody visited her all these while?"

"I saw ..one man .. once then a woman with a different man! visiting her. further I don't know, because she got discharged in morning and I do evening shifts "

"O-kay , thank you" Mother replied and turned to leave silently. She didn't even bother to look at the Sweeper while leaving the place.

The information she came accross with, left her confused, shocked and thrilled

Somehow she managed to reach home.

Shenaya rushes towards her and questions curiously "Maa did you got to know something?"

But her Mother was not in a state to answer and she takes her place at the couch and asks "Where's Shehnaaz?"

"We had our dinner, now she's in the shower"

"Good!" her mom said

Her Mom tells her everything whatever she came to know today and listening to this Shenaya gasped!

Who was the four mysterious people visiting Shehnaaz?
Who was the one who paid hospital bill?
Was that one among the four or someone else?
Do comment!
Do Vote! Do Support!
Trust me this book is going to be rollercoaster ride for you all with many mystery, thriller and offcourse Romance ;)