Chapter 7 - The Sleepless Nights

Later that night,

I stepped out of Shower it's around 10:30 now, Shenaya is sitting on bed while working on her laptop. I grabbed a book from the shelf to pass my time, I wish I had my phone.. ugh !

I took a seat on our arm chair near the window, I lite the lamp placed upon the nightstand on the right side of my arm chair to read the book.

'Outlander' by Diana Gabaldon, well this books seems interesting, it says it's a romantic novel. Let's begin...

While reading this novel, I could feel I was back in time to Scotland in the 1700s as the novel says. Woah! the author wrote it pretty well! It's a very beautiful story, it is! though I read 4 chapters already I cannot resist, I want to read more and more of it, as I really want to know whom will Claire choose ! but I think it's time to hit the hay, I don't wanna fall asleep on this arm chair, I feel a bit sleepy though, I should turn off the lamp now.

Yawning I walk towards the bed and move under the quilt, it's a grey silk quilt which is filled with feathers, the softness and the warmth of it is so relaxing! Tugging the quilt around me I close my eyes trying to sleep.
A shiver hits my body as cold breeze blows me, I turned to my left and I switched my sleep position again to my right, few moments passed I realised I still wasn't comfortable enough to fall asleep. I take of my pillow and placed it between my thighs.... No ... Not helping, then I reposition the pillow upon me trying to hug it.. still I am not comfortable, I rolled over on my pillow and then Shenaya tapped on my shoulder ... "Can you sleep and let me sleep?" Before I could answer, she covers her face with her quilt. I sit up, resting my back on the head of the bed, and checked the time on the watch on my nightstand, it's almost 3 in the morning. WHY AM I STILL AWAKE !?
I looked around in my room and its full of peace and darkness but nothing is helping me to doze. Why can't I sleep? , I had a good hot water bath, read a beautiful novel, this quilt is so soft and comfy, weather is so breezy... There's no reason for one not to sleep then why these aren't helping me? Wondering all these the night sky caught my attention through the window, I climbed out of my bed and walked towards the window. As a move closer to the window I could hear crickets chrips trying to cover the silent night I moved the curtains asides so my each skin should feel the breeze. I hugged my arms around my self protectively , I felt the blood of my veins has turned cold and stopped racing , I felt.... an emptyness within me....

And at that moment.....I felt something is missing inside me, something is missing... I kept staring at the long dark sky through my window, I could see the twinkling of the stars, the charm of the moon. I can make out there were clouds moving around, its a beautiful night but everything about this night is incomplete.... I exhaled deeply ... Realising its incomplete for me , its a long night.... it's a sleepless night !

Standing there and starring at night and dark sky stars fading....I see the dawn now . It's morning, pretty early though. I stood up all night staring the sky, watching the clouds covering the moon and daylight taking over the darkness of the night. I was simply staring the long sky but I couldn't even figure out what was the thing that kept me awake .

As the light of the day starts sparing all over and starts to takeover my bedroom too, I decided to step out for some fresh air . I open the main door and step out of my house we leave in a colony ... We have a small lawn of our own , I step own the grass of our lawn .... The dewy on grass tickles my bare feet .... This is the best time of the day ,I exhaled a relaxing breathe.. this fresh morning air is the best ... Then suddenly I heard a ring a bycycle ring and in the moment a bycycle tosed a newspaper over our gate and the newspaper hit on our lawn like a flash

I picked up the newspaper and what I saw the next shook the hell out of me !.... 20 july... 2020!...?

To be continued...
Do vote ! Do Support ! Do Share your feedbacks in comments :)