Chapter 8 - Psychiatric help

I can not believe my eyes ... But its suppose to be 2013! Then why the newspaper states 2020 . How ..? While pondering this I started walking backwards and suddenly my back hits the wall but my eyes were stoned on the DATE . The more I tried to deliberate the vision in front of my eyes starts blurring .... my body losses it's senses and I started falling and.... the very next moment , there's darkness before my eyes...

I..I don't know what happened... I can feel ... I'm laying on a bed , I can hear my heart beating rapidly . I can feel my hands feets again. I breathe heavily trying to open my eyes ,but my eyes are heavy as if... there's something on my eyes, my head's aching like someone's hitting with hammer . I forcefully open my eyes, but it shutters , I tried to open my eyes again but my eyesight was still blur I roll my eyes to take the look around me I couldn't see clearly but I can figure it out that I was in my bedroom and Shenaya was standing near the window while she was talking over the phone with someone . On my right, mom was standing near the door and was talking to a man . I tried to raise my upper body . Mom and that man moves towards me and placed one pillow against my back and helped me sit against the headboard. They saw I was blinking my eyes ,they gave Shenaya a look . The man said to me " you must rest " with a slight smile on his face . And my mom and that man stepped outside the room .Shenaya sits next to me , she gave my hand a light squeeze and flashed a smile . The man and mom were standing near my bedroom door and the bedroom door was open so I was able to hear their conversation slightly, I tried to lean towards the door side.
"Doctor , what shall we do now ? She saw the date on the newspaper , I'm so scared" mom said with shudder voice. what does she mean?, I thought.
" I can't say anything about how will she react after knowing the truth . But! Before talking to her we must take precautions orelse she can lose her senses completely . I would suggest you should concern a psychiatrist first " he said
"Psychiatrist ?!.. " mom reply worryingly. What!? What truth? And why psychiatrist? I yelled in my mind.
Then a third voice speaks " Aunty, I've heard that in such cases psychiatrist can help , Doctor , do you know any psychiatrist we can trust on? , you know we cannot afford taking risk " it's Kartik's voice , Kartik's here too!
" I know I know , I understand how sensitive it is . I know a psychiatrist he is the best , I can guarantee , don't worry , he knows the best .... Wait I'll dial his number... "

After a few seconds " Hello! doctor Anand, doctor Shah here , I hope I'm not disturbing you ..... I want to discuss about my patient with you, I think she needs your help..."
And his voice fades I could hear his footsteps fading too...
"What were they talking about! " I closed my eyes and mumbled , inhaling and exhaling heavily . After few seconds I felt a hand on mine I pulled my hand back nervously , I found Kartik seating near me .
" Hey, didn't mean to scared you, by the way... how're you feeling now ?" He murmured
" Kartik " I sobs " Kartik ! why are you all taking me to a psychiatrist ! Why? I'm not a psychotic ! No, am I ? No no I'm not ! " I said sobbingly. Kartik stands up and clutches me saying " Relax ! Relax " . By that time Mom and doctor Shah gathers around me also Shenaya hovers . Everyone tries to calm me. Once I regain my composure everyone settles down around me , Kartik sits up on the chair besides me , Shenaya is siting on the bed on my right , Mom is siting on the right edge of the bed and the doctor on the left side on the chair . I could feel the air tightened around me . Doctor clears his throat before speaking , he took my hand in his both hands and gave a pat .
" I know you have many questions . We can answer few but most important is that, you need to be strong! I know it's not easy but I know you can ! " I swallow while hearing his words .
" Listen , what I'm going to tell you is hard to accept but you must be emotionally strong , there's solution for everything don't stress on it ok? " He continued , he exhales deeply and Shenaya holds my hand squeezing it tightly .
Doctor continued " when you called Shenaya from the hospital... You weren't calling her after 2 days ... You came home after 7 years and you don't remember about your last 7 years ." My eyes widen "W-What! " My stomach twiddled , my eyes numbed ." Where ... Where was I" I mumbled. I was appalled by his words , with a bewildered look on my face.
"Shehnaaz , we all are with you ! you must thank god that you came back to us don't stress yourself , we spoke to the psychiatrist he will help you " mom assured me and plant a kiss on my forehead.